One Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
This One Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls Recipe is a quick & easy one pot Mexican meal that feeds a crowd. These are perfect for game day, too.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 cup extra long-grain rice uncooked
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 2 2/3 cups chicken broth
- 1.5 pounds cooked chicken cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 15- ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 10- ounce can RO*TEL tomatoes I used their Lime & Cilantro variety
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chili powder depending on how spicy you like it
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- Roma tomatoes diced
- avocado diced
- sour cream
- green onions sliced
- lime wedges
In a large, deep pan over medium heat add the olive oil. Once the oil is shimmering add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions soften; about 3-5 minutes. Add the rice to the pan and saute the rice until it starts to brown; about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant; about 30 seconds.
Add the chicken broth, cooked chicken, black bean, RO*TEL, chili powder, and ground cumin to the pan. Stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 20-25 minutes until the rice is tender.
Turn off the heat, uncover, and fluff the mixture briefly with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cheese and stir to combine. Add your garnishes, and serve!
Calories: 568kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 1028mg | Potassium: 770mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 405IU | Vitamin C: 15.5mg | Calcium: 326mg | Iron: 4.2mg