Healthy & Easy Gazpacho
An easy, healthy soup for summer!
Servings 4 -6
- 1 large bell pepper red, orange, or yellow, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 English cucumber about 1 pound, half of it peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 medium shallots peeled and minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 29- ounce can Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- 1 15- ounce can Hunt's Diced Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce optional
- Extra-virgin olive oil for serving
Place the bell pepper, cucumber, shallots, salt, sugar, vinegar, and black pepper in a large bowl. Toss ingredients to coat the veggies in the oil and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes, or just until the veggies begin to release their juices. Add the tomatoes, water, and hot sauce (if using). Stir to combine, cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
Serve with a drizzle of good olive oil.