This easy Pineapple Salsa recipe is beautifully colorful, sweet, and versatile! I use it as a side dish, an appetizer, or a topping on tacos, chicken, pork, or even steak. Plus it’s great for canning so you can enjoy it year-round!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Chill Time 30 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 cups
- 1 medium pineapple peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large bell pepper seeded and chopped fine
- 6 scallions white and green parts sliced thin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 small jalapeños seeded and minced
- 6 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
n a large bowl add the pineapple, bell pepper, scallions, cilantro, and jalapeño and toss until combined.
In a small bowl whisk together the lime juice, ginger, brown sugar, and salt and pepper until the sugar is dissolved. Stir this into the pineapple mixture until well coated. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Give the salsa a quick stir and then serve.
Calories: 45kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 0.6g | Sodium: 148mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 1.3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 950IU | Vitamin C: 49.5mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.4mg