Loaded Baked Potato Chicken Casserole Recipe
This Loaded Baked Potato Chicken Casserole Recipe is perfect for weeknight family dinners. It’s a family-favorite and some serious comfort food!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 6 cups russet potatoes scrubbed and cut into ½-inch pieces (from about 5 medium potatoes)
- 8 ounces First Street bacon
- 1 ½ pounds First Street boneless skinless breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups First Street shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup green onion sliced thin (both green & white parts)
- For Garnish:
- First Street sour cream
- Sliced green onion
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 9x13-inch pan (or other 3 quart pan) with nonstick cooking spray. Add potatoes to pan. In a small bowl add butter, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined. Pour butter mixture over potatoes and toss until potatoes are evenly coated. Cook potatoes for 45-50 minutes, or until fork-tender.
WHILE POTATOES ARE IN OVEN: Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces. Cook in large skillet over medium heat until done, about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain on paper towel-lined plate. Leave all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease in skillet. Cook chicken pieces on medium heat until fully cooked, about 8 minutes.
Remove potatoes from oven, and turn off oven. Sprinkle 1 cup cheese evenly over potatoes. Then layer chicken, bacon, and green onions on top. Sprinkle remaining cheese and return to oven for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Serve with sour cream and green onion.