This Loaded Baked Potato Chicken Casserole Recipe is perfect for weeknight family dinners. It’s an instant family favorite and some serious comfort food!
This Loaded Baked Potato Chicken Casserole is super easy to make. Let me show you how!
- Gather and prep the ingredients.
- Bake the potatoes.
- Layer on the rest of the ingredients. Pop the casserole back into the oven to melt the cheese. Then serve!
Loaded Baked Potato Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 6 cups russet potatoes scrubbed and cut into ½-inch pieces (from about 5 medium potatoes)
- 8 ounces bacon
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup green onion sliced thin (both green & white parts)
- sour cream
- Sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 9x13-inch pan (or other 3 quart pan) with nonstick cooking spray. Add potatoes to pan. In a small bowl add butter, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined. Pour butter mixture over potatoes and toss until potatoes are evenly coated. Cook potatoes for 45-50 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- WHILE POTATOES ARE IN OVEN: Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces. Cook in large skillet over medium heat until done, about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain on paper towel-lined plate. Leave all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease in skillet. Cook chicken pieces on medium heat until fully cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven, and turn off oven. Sprinkle 1 cup cheese evenly over potatoes. Then layer chicken, bacon, and green onions on top. Sprinkle remaining cheese and return to oven for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Serve with sour cream and green onion.