THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
This post for Loaded Baked Potato Chicken Casserole Recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ChooseSmart #CollectiveBias
September is Family Meals Month. Time spent around the dinner table is often the most cherished part of my day. It’s one of those simple pleasures that I can tuck in my memory like precious treasure. My 5-year-old tells us all about her day at school, and my 2-year-old usually does something silly to make us all laugh. To celebrate Family Meals Month, I’m sharing my recipe for Loaded Baked Potato Chicken Casserole so you can enjoy family time around the table. This Loaded Baked Potato Chicken Casserole Recipe is perfect for weeknight family dinners. I’m talking some serious comfort food This recipe is an instant family favorite!
For this recipe I did all of my shopping at Smart & Final. It’s a one stop shop for everything from paper products, to produce and meats. Shopping at Smart & Final is great whether you need to pick up ingredients for dinner or you’re buying warehouse-size items to make freezer meals with. Either way, they’ve got you covered. If you’re after those large bulk items, you’re in luck! Currently Smart & Final is featuring their club buy items, just look for the tags in stores!
For this Loaded Baked Potato Chicken Casserole recipe I used a bunch of their First Street house brand products like shredded cheese, sour cream, chicken, and more! Here’s where I found them in the store:
You can now use Instacart to shop Smart & Final. Order your groceries online and they will be delivered to your door! Check out the service HERE and use code “SMART5” to get $5 off and FREE DELIVERY!
IS SMART & FINAL IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD?
FIND SMART & FINAL HERE:
This Loaded Baked Potato Chicken Casserole is super easy to make. Let me show you how!
- Gather and prep the ingredients.
- Bake the potatoes.
- Layer on the rest of the ingredients. Pop the casserole back into the oven to melt the cheese. Then serve!
Loaded Baked Potato Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 6 cups russet potatoes scrubbed and cut into ½-inch pieces (from about 5 medium potatoes)
- 8 ounces bacon
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup green onion sliced thin (both green & white parts)
- sour cream
- Sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 9x13-inch pan (or other 3 quart pan) with nonstick cooking spray. Add potatoes to pan. In a small bowl add butter, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined. Pour butter mixture over potatoes and toss until potatoes are evenly coated. Cook potatoes for 45-50 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- WHILE POTATOES ARE IN OVEN: Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces. Cook in large skillet over medium heat until done, about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain on paper towel-lined plate. Leave all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease in skillet. Cook chicken pieces on medium heat until fully cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven, and turn off oven. Sprinkle 1 cup cheese evenly over potatoes. Then layer chicken, bacon, and green onions on top. Sprinkle remaining cheese and return to oven for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Serve with sour cream and green onion.
For some more recipe inspiration check out Smart & Final. What recipe are you going to make for Family Meals Month?