Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies – they’re big, chewy, and full of peanut butter goodness. They’re loaded with Reese’s Pieces and Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups.
Cook’s Note – Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies
- This peanut butter cookies recipe makes 50-60 large cookies. To make cookie dough scooping a little easier, I used my favorite scoop. The dough comes out perfectly portioned and the cookies are uniform in size.
- If you’re going to make the full recipe, make sure you use a HUGE bowl! This recipe makes about 8 pounds of dough so it won’t fit in your typical large mixing bowl! It barely fits the mixing bowl of my stand mixer.
- This peanut butter cookies recipe can easily be halved.
- These Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies will keep, in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- To freeze cookie dough I recommend scooping dough onto a cookie sheet and freezing for 1 hour. Place cookie dough in a Ziploc bag until ready to bake. *Note: you’ll have to add a couple of minutes to the baking time when dough is frozen.
- Frozen dough will keep for about 6 months in the freezer.
Cook’s Tools – Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups butter, room temp
- ½ cup shortening, room temp
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 t vanilla extract
- Peanut butter mixture (see below)
- 1 ½ cups Reese's Pieces
- 1 ½ cups mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (I found them at Target)
- Peanut Butter Mixture:
- 2 cups peanut butter
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, room temp
- ½ cup honey
- Move oven racks to middle and lower middle positions, and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Make the peanut butter mixture by creaming the peanut butter, butter, and honey, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- In a mixer, cream 1½ cups of butter, shortening and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, beating well after each addition, then add the vanilla and the peanut butter mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture and beat on low speed until fully incorporated.
- Using a 4-tablespoon scoop, scoop cookie dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes, rotating pans half-way through baking.
- DO NOT over bake the cookies! The cookies will just start to look a little golden around the edges. Remove cookies from the oven and let them sit on the baking sheets for 4-5 minutes. Then remove them from the cookie sheets and place on a cooling rack. Cool the cookies completely, and store them in an airtight container.
Disclosure: This post for Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.