THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
This Deep Dish Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie is some serious comfort food! The inside is soft and gooey, and the outside has a delicious crispy crust.
When it comes to comfort food desserts pie, chocolate chip cookies, and peanut butter-anything make my list. Now when you combine all three of those you have the ultimate, bomb-digity, comfort food dessert: Deep Dish Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie.
Sundays around our house are all about simple comforts. When we get home from church the rest of our day basically consists of naps, dinner, reading, a special treat, and a family dance party. Oh yeah and comfy clothes, comfy clothes are a must.
This past Sunday I whipped up this Deep Dish Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie for our special treat and all of us L*O*V*E*D it! The top had an amazing, crackly crust and the center had just the right amount of ooey-gooey deliciousness. A tall glass of milk is a must with this pie!
The hardest part about making the pie? Waiting for the 30 minutes for it to cool! This recipe makes quite a large dessert so make sure you invite some friends over to devour it with you.
Cook’s Note – Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie:
- I used Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate Chips in this pie and I highly recommend them as they’re high in quality and taste and a bit larger than regular chocolate chips.
- You really need to let it cool the 30 minutes, or else you’ll have a gooey mess on your hands and the slices won’t come out with defined lines but don’t worry it’ll still be warm and gooey-delicious in the center!
- If you prepare this ahead of time you can reheat the entire pie in a 350-degree oven for 5-10 minutes or individual slices in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
Deep Dish Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 1 ¼ cup creamy peanut butter I used JIF
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk at room temperature
- 11.5 ounces bag milk chocolate chips I use Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
- vanilla ice cream
- Move oven rack to lower-middle position. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a deep-dish 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. (The pie plate should be 9 inches in diameter and at least 1.62" deep. Alternatively, you can use a 9-inch cast-iron skillet).
- In a medium bowl whisk together the dry ingredients: the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl if you're using hand beaters), cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugars on medium speed for 2-3 minutes, or until nice and fluffy. Add in the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, until well mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix slowly until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pie plate (note: it will be filled to the brim!). Smooth the dough into an even layer. Place the pie plate on top of a cookie sheet and bake for 40-50 minutes or until the top is golden and puffed up.
- Transfer the cookie pie to a wire rack and cool for at least 30 minutes before serving! Slice and serve with vanilla ice cream and a glass of milk!