The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Oven Baked Chicken Thighs recipe is ready to eat in just 35 minutes. When chicken thighs are roasted in the oven, they are so juicy with deliciously crispy skin.
This recipe costs about $10.26 to make eight servings. That is just $0.66 per serving!
Oven-Baked Chicken Thighs
There are a lot of Oven Baked Chicken Thighs recipes out there on the internet. I’ve added my recipe to the list because it is an easy, non-complicated, fuss-free meal bursting with flavor. And don’t even get me started on the crispy skin!
Chicken thighs are dark meat that is naturally more flavorful than other pieces, such as the breast. When you add my simple spice blend before baking, these are off-the-charts delicious.
The skin is perfectly crisp, while the meat is juicy and tender. This recipe is versatile because it is a basic chicken recipe that goes well with just about any side dish. You can even increase the spice for this recipe by adding a pinch of chili powder and cayenne.
These Oven Baked Chicken Thighs are my top recommendation for a hands-free, simple chicken recipe to add to your menu rotation. If you’re looking for a broiler recipe, check out my Broiled Chicken Thighs.
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $1.29
Recipe Cost: $10.26
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have. I updated the pricing for this recipe in February 2023.
- 8 chicken thighs – $9.80
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil – $0.28
- 1 teaspoon salt – $0.01
- ½ teaspoon pepper – $0.03
- ½ teaspoon paprika – $0.01
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder – $0.03
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley – $0.10
How to bake Chicken Thighs in the oven:
STEP ONE: First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
STEP TWO: Next, brush olive oil over the chicken thighs. Then combine the seasonings in a small bowl.
STEP THREE: Sprinkle the seasoning blend over both sides of the chicken thighs before placing them in the baking dish.
STEP FOUR: Finally, bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
Baked Chicken Thighs FAQs
What temp should Chicken Thighs be cooked to?
The internal temperature should read 165 degrees.
Should I cover chicken with foil when baking?
There is no need to cover the baking dish before baking these chicken thighs. However, leaving it uncovered helps the skin get extra crispy during baking.
Can you overcook chicken thighs?
While you can overcook chicken thighs, it is more difficult than overcooking chicken breasts. This is another reason I love cooking chicken thighs. It results in juicy meat as long as you bake until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- 9×13-inch baking dish
- Measuring spoons
- Small prep bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Instant-read thermometer
Serving & Storage Tips:
SERVE: You can keep the roasted chicken thighs at room temperature for up to two hours before they will need to be refrigerated.
STORE: Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
FREEZE: Once the chicken is cool, place it in a freezer-safe container or Ziploc bag. Freeze for 4-5 months.
DEFROST: Defrost the chicken in the refrigerator overnight.
REHEAT: Warm the chicken in a 350-degree F oven for 10-20 minutes or until heated through.
More from Food Folks and Fun
Oven-Baked Chicken Thighs
- 8 chicken thighs bone-in, and skin-on
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
PREP OVEN AND BAKING DISH:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a 9×13-inch baking dish with a light coating of cooking spray.
- Brush olive oil over the chicken thighs.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and parsley.
- Sprinkle the seasoning blend over both sides of the chicken thighs and place them in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven, uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees.
- You can use boneless skinless thighs for this recipe if you prefer.
- I like to spoon some of the chicken juices about 10 minutes before it is finished to help everything crisp up in the final moments.
- You can increase the spice for this recipe by adding a pinch of chili powder and cayenne.