The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This easy baked salmon recipe is made in just 20 minutes and is completely delicious. It’s topped with a quick and vibrant 1-minute lemon sauce.
Are you looking for an easy AND healthy meal? Me too! This baked salmon recipe is the recipe for you (and me)! It is my go-to when I am wanting to make a nutritious meal for my family. Salmon has so many health benefits such as heart-healthy omega-3’s and loads of protein. It’s a no-brainer when looking for that perfect healthy dinner everyone will enjoy.
I do have a small confession about salmon though. Until my late twenties, I would not eat salmon. Like not even touch it. Yikes! For some reason, I just thought I did not like it. And then I had baked salmon, and oh boy my life was changed for the better!
I’ve found that the key to a good salmon recipe, in my opinion, is the flaky moist fish topped with a delicious sauce. My baked salmon recipe will give you all of these elements and it will leave you wanting more. It will turn any non-fish eater into a seafood lover!
This salmon is delicious served with my classic rice pilaf with orzo recipe. You can see it pictured in most of the photos for this post. If you’re going to serve it with the fish, then I suggest getting the pilaf onto cook while you preheat the oven for the salmon.
Baked Salmon Questions Answered:
How to bake salmon?
First, place the oven rack on the lowest position and add a rimmed baking sheet to the rack. Then, preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Next, make 4-5 shallow cuts, 1 inch apart, along the skin side of the salmon. Then, pat the salmon dry with a paper towel and then rub the olive oil and salt and pepper over the fish. Next, remove the baking sheet and lower the temperature to 275 degrees. Then, place the salmon skin side down on the baking sheet. Finally, bake until the thickest part of the salmon reaches 145 degrees.
What temp should salmon be cooked to?
It is important to cook salmon to the appropriate temperature to avoid food poisoning that can occur if the harmful organisms within the salmon are not killed. The harmful organisms are killed after cooking the salmon to 145 degrees as found by the SF Gate in their healthy eating article.
What should I make with salmon?
Salmon is such a great option because not only is it a healthy meal but also it can be served in many different ways. My Baked Salmon with Lemon Sauce is a great light option which offers a savory baked salmon in no time at all.
You can serve salmon over pasta with this cheesy garlic sauce with tomatoes and spinach using this Creamy Tuscan Garlic Blackened Salmon Pasta Recipe. Or try these Salmon Patties for a delicious and fun twist on traditional salmon. Want to make your salmon with only one dish? Then this One Pot Creamy Lemon Salmon Florentine is for you! It is creamy and quick to clean up!
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
- paring knife
- baking sheet
- instant-read thermometer
- mixing bowl
ONE YEAR AGO: Coconut Cupcakes
TWO YEARS AGO: Epic Buckeye Brownie Cheesecake Cake
THREE YEARS AGO: Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Panzanella
Baked Salmon with Lemon Sauce
FOR THE SALMON:
- 1 ½ pound pounskin-on center-cut salmon fillet
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
FOR THE LEMON SAUCE:
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Move an oven rack to the lowest position and place a baking sheet on the rack. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Using a paring knife, cut the salmon fillets into 4 equal pieces.
- On the skin of each piece of salmon, make 4 shallow cuts, making sure to not cut into the pink part of the salmon.
- Use a couple of pieces of paper towels to pat the salmon fillets dry. Then, rub each fillet with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Take the baking sheet out of the oven and then reduce the oven temperature to 275 degrees Bake until the internal temperature of the salmon reaches 125 degrees F, about 8-12 minutes.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, shallot, garlic, sugar, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Move the salmon to a platter and spoon the sauce over the salmon fillets. Serve immediately.