The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
These Monterey Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are layered with Monterey Jack cheese, bacon, deli turkey, avocado, and pickled jalapenos. They’re perfect for lunch or dinner and super easy to make!
Disclosure: This post is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread. Thank you for supporting brands that make Food Folks and Fun possible.
April just might be the most glorious month of them all because it’s National Grilled Cheese Month! I know an entire month dedicated to cheesy goodness, I could hardly believe it myself!
For National Grilled Cheese Month, I wanted to share with you one of my all-time favorite grilled cheese recipes, my Monterey Grilled Cheese!
For me, a stellar grilled cheese needs to start with the right ingredients: freshly shredded Monterey Jack cheese, bacon, deli turkey, avocado, pickled jalapenos, and Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread.
I discovered the new Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread on Rollback at Walmart recently. It’s thick, billowy slices jumped out at me, and when I got home and tried it out, I knew that it would make the perfect grilled cheese sandwich! It’s made without any artificial flavors, colors, or high fructose corn syrup. Plus, it tastes like you picked up a homemade loaf from your favorite bakery!
RELATED: Loaded Breakfast Sandwich| Cranberry Chicken Salad with Pecans for Sandwiches
These sandwiches are so easy to make, let me show you how!
How to make Monterey Grilled Cheese
- Butter the bread on 1 side.
- Then, add the shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Add the sliced jalapenos.
- Next, add 2 slices of deli turkey.
- Add 2 slices of cooked bacon.
- Then, add some sliced Avocado.
- Top with another slice of buttered bread, buttered side up.
- Place in preheated pan.
- Next, use a cake pan to gently press the sandwich while it cooks.
- Flip the sandwich over and cook. Finally, transfer the Monterey Grilled Cheese sandwich to cutting board, slice, and serve.
- Don’t be tempted to crank the heat to cook the grilled cheese sandwiches faster. Cooking them on medium-low will ensure the cheese melts perfectly, and the bread browns evenly with a crispy golden-brown crust. Trust me, your patience will be rewarded! 🙂
- If you’re making these sandwiches in large batches, you can keep cooked grilled cheese sandwiches on a wire rack set over a cooking sheet in a 250-degree oven. This should keep them crisp and warm until you’re done making all of the Monterey Grilled Cheese sandwiches.
- When you flip the grilled cheese the cake pan will be very hot! Please use oven mitts when handling it!
Monterey Grilled Cheese
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeño slices
- 8 slices turkey
- 8 strips bacon cooked
- 1 large avocado sliced
- Using a silicone pastry brush, brush melted butter on the top side of each slice of bread. Flip 4 of the slices over, and layer with ¼ cup shredded cheese, 6 jalapeño slices, 2 turkey slices, 2 strips bacon, and sliced avocado. Top with remaining bread slices with the buttered side up.
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat for 2 minutes. Put 2 sandwiches in the pan, and lightly press a round cake pan on top of the sandwiches to weight them down. Leave the cake pan on top of the sandwiches and cook until the first side is nice and golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Remove the cake pan, flip the sandwiches over, and again press lightly with the cake pan. Cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Move the sandwiches to a cutting board, and slice on the diagonal. Repeat with the remaining 2 sandwiches and serve immediately.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
yumm! I love grilled sandwiches and this looks too good!
I love ’em, too!
This is awesome. I love anything to do with grilled cheese and I can’t wait to try this out
Mark, Compass & Fork says
That’s a great, grilled cheese! Love all of those ingredients and the photo makes it looks even more delicious.
Thanks, Mark. It’s my all-time favorite grilled cheese recipe!
I LOVE the idea of everything about this. Every.Single.Thing. Can’t wait to give it a try!!
I think you’ll love it. Thanks for stopping by!
Kate @ VeggieDesserts says
What an action-packed grilled cheese! Why have I only ever made them plain??? This is awesome!
Because a grilled cheese is only plain, add anything else and it’s a melt.
Thank you for saying “medium low.” So many grilled cheese recipes say to cook on medium or even medium high, which has never worked for me. This looks delicious and I have all the stuff to make it. Looks like I’ll be having this for lunch!
No problem, I hope you enjoyed the grilled cheese sandwich!