The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Triple Chocolate Cookies: unsweetened, bittersweet, and semisweet chocolate all packed into one cookie that is fudgy, rich, and has intense chocolate flavor.
These cookies are intense, so have a tall glass of milk ready! They have unsweetened, bittersweet, and semisweet chocolate all packed into one cookie with a fudgy, almost brownie-like texture. Did these cookies satisfy my chocolate craving? Oh yes, and then some!
Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1 ½ cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl add the unsweetened chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, and butter pieces. Heat in the microwave on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and then heat on 50% power for 30 seconds, Stir and repeat until the chocolate is melted and glossy.
- Add eggs and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat on medium-high speed until thick and pale in color, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in vanilla and beat on low for 10 seconds.
- Scrape the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and beat on low until combined, about 30 seconds, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Take the mixing bowl off of the stand mixer, pour in the flour mixture and chocolate chips, and fold into the batter until no white streaks remain.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit on the counter for 25-30 minutes. This will allow the batter to firm up (it will look like thick brownie batter).
- While the batter firms up, move the oven racks to the upper-middle and lower-middle positions and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Use a 1.5-Tablespoon scoop to scoop the cookies onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the dough 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes, or until the cookies are cracked on top and shiny, rotating the pans halfway through baking.
- Move the cookie sheets to wire cooling racks to cool completely before removing them from the baking sheets.
Triple Chocolate Cookies: unsweetened, bittersweet, and semisweet chocolate all packed into one cookie that is fudgy, rich and has intense chocolate flavor.