These Cheddar Biscuits are a Red Lobster copycat recipe that’s so easy to make. They take only 25 minutes to make and they taste SO much better than the original!
During the winter I like to cook up nice, hearty soup, stew and chili recipes for dinner. No matter what I make my family always requests these Cheddar Biscuits! They are so tasty and go with practically any type of soup or chili. Plus they’re incredibly easy to make and taste even better than the original biscuits (sorry, Red Lobster!).
3 things that make these cheddar biscuits amazing:
- The dough is so tender. Make sure you do not over-mix the dough once the milk is added. Just mix until the dough comes together.
- They’re covered in butter! Butter that’s infused with garlic and dotted with fresh parsley.
- They’re best served warm. And when I say best served warm I mean that’s the only way to eat them; fresh out of the oven. Trust me, they’re heavenly!
Cook’s Note – Cheddar Biscuits:
- While these Cheddar Biscuits are best served warm, I do have a make-head option for you. Follow the recipe below up until baking. Cover to baking sheet with foil that’s been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Refrigerate the dough until ready to use, but no more than 18 hours. Bake as directed, brush with the butter mixture and serve warm!
- These Cheddar Biscuits are also fabulous served at brunch. I recently served them with quiche for a birthday brunch and the two paired perfectly! Or how about making little breakfast sliders out of these biscuits? Oh my, now we’ve got something folks!
Cook’s Tools – Cheddar Biscuits:
- FOR THE BISCUITS:
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 ½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable shortening, at room temperature
- 4 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 6 ounces yellow sharp cheddar cheese, grated (about 1 ¼ cups)
- ¾ cup whole milk
- FOR THE GARLIC BUTTER:
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Adjust oven rack to upper third of oven and preheat to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with silicone baking mat or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- FOR THE BISCUITS: Add flour, baking powder, sugar, Old Bay seasoning, and salt to bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. Slowly add shortening and butter and pulse 5-6 times until mixture is in pea-sized pieces. Add cheese and pulse 1-3 times until mixed. Pour in milk and pulse until dough comes together, about 6-8 pulses.
- Using a ¼ cup scoop, place dough on prepared baking sheet, 2-inches apart. Lightly compress biscuits with the palm of your hand. Bake until golden brown, about 15-18 minutes.
- FOR THE GARLIC BUTTER: Add butter and garlic to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until melted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- TO FINISH: Brush biscuits with butter mixture and serve warm.
Check out my Soup Recipes collection to go along with these Cheddar Biscuits!
Disclosure: This post for Cheddar Biscuits Copycat Recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.