Copycat Brownie Brittle Recipe that’s made from a box mix for a quick and easy treat! I bet you have all of the ingredients in your pantry right now! This recipe serves eight and costs $2.53 to make. That’s just 32¢ per serving!
Brownie Brittle Recipe – from a box mix
When you make brownies, which do you prefer? The edges or the middle? I am all about those edges! While I do enjoy the middle pieces, if given a choice, I will always take the edges first.
I love brownies, but I especially love those crispy, delectable brownie edges. About a year ago, I tried brownie brittle from the store and instantly fell in love. If you haven’t tried it before, it’s a bag full of those excellent brownie edges, incredible, right!?!
Store-bought brownie brittle is expensive, so today I’m sharing my copycat Brownie Brittle Recipe with you that you can make for a fraction of the cost. It’s super easy to make and uses a box mix.
This Brownie Brittle Recipe will give you your brownie edge fix in every single bite!
Who makes Brownie Brittle?
Brownie Brittle was first created by Sheila G. Mains in Florida. She was initially a brownie baker, beginning in 1992. She became so popular in fact that she purchased the phone number 1.800.Brownie. How awesome is that?!
How long does copycat Brownie Brittle last?
Brownie Brittle will remain fresh for up to one week if stored in an airtight container.
What does Brownie Brittle taste like?
Brownie Brittle is the best of both worlds. They are thin like a typical cookie and taste like a brownie. Say what?! It’s true. It’s the best of both worlds for those days when you just can’t decide what you are in the mood for.
Brownie Brillte Ingredients & Kitchen Tools:
- BROWNIE MIX – I recommend Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix (18-ounce package)
- VEGETABLE OIL
- OFFSET SPATULA
- BAKING SHEET
- PARCHMENT PAPER
How to make Brownie Brittle:
1: Prepare the baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2: Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
3: Use a whisk to mix until just combined.
4: Pour the batter onto the prepared baking sheet.
5: Using an offset spatula, spread the batter into a thin layer, as thin as you can get it.
6: Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely and then either break apart with a knife or cut into pieces using a pizza cutter.
- If you want the brittle in uniform pieces like mine, then you need to score the brittle with the pizza cutter as soon as it comes out of the oven. Once it’s cooled, break it apart entirely by cutting it with the pizza cutter.
If you love this recipe, then you’ll love other great grocery-store copycat recipes!
- Lofthouse Copycat Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Costco Spinach Salad
- Copycat Cracker Jacks
- Hawaiian Punch Copycat Recipe
- Copycat On the Border Salsa
- Copycat Cozy Shack Rice Pudding
- Hostess Cupcakes
- Copycat Apple Pie Lara Bars
How much will this recipe cost?
A 5 ounce bag of brittle from the grocery store will run you about $2.88. My copycat recipe comes in at about 16 ounces and costs just $2.53 to make!
RECIPE COST: $2.53
PER SERVING COST: $0.32
NOTE: I calculate the recipe prices by using name brand grocery prices on grocery store websites.
- 1 18- ounce Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix – $2.27
- 1/2 cup water – $0.00
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil – $0.16
- 1 large egg – $0.10
Brownie Brittle Recipe - from a box mix
- 1 18- ounce Brownie Mix I used Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray it with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Use an offset spatula to spread batter into a thin layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely before breaking apart with a knife or cutting with a pizza cutter.
This recipe pairs perfectly with my cheesecake dips:
- Butterscotch Toffee Cheesecake Dip
- Coconut Cream Pie Cheesecake Dip
- Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups Cheesecake Dip
- Peppermint Cheesecake Dip