THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
These Copycat Disney Apple Pie Caramel Apples tastes just like the ones at Disneyland! They’re covered with sticky caramel, dipped in white chocolate, and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar!
Today I’m sharing my all-time favorite apple with you, a copycat recipe for Disney’s Apple Pie Caramel Apple!
I don’t know about you, but anytime I’m at Disneyland, I always plan out my meals in advance so I can take advantage of all the fantastic eats. These treats are still high on my list of foods to eat at Disneyland.
Apple Pie Caramel Apple Questions Answered:
Who came up with caramel apples?
You can find almost anything on the internet. Isn’t that amazing?! You can have all your burning questions answered. Like who is the tallest man in the world? Do dolphins have ears? And even who created caramel apples? Turns out Dan Walker, a sales rep for Kraft Foods, created them in the 1950s. Who knew?! I love the internet!
Why do they use green apples for caramel apples?
Tart apples such as a Granny Smith apple tend to be the top choice for caramel apple makers because they balance the sweetness of the caramel. Opposites attract!
Now that it’s fall and the nearest Disneyland is hundreds of miles away, I’ve started to crave these treats! Luckily they’re easy to make and only take four ingredients!
- Granny Smith Apples
- Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Patience is critical with these apples. You must allow the caramel to set before dipping them into the white chocolate. Trust me; if you don’t wait, then you’ll have a sticky mess on your hands, on the countertop, basically all over.
- These apples will keep in an air-tight container, in the refrigerator, for up to 1 week. But I doubt that they will keep for that long!
- Bring apple(s) to room temperature before eating.
Cook’s Tools and Ingredients:
Disney Copycat Apple Pie Caramel Apples Recipe
- 14 ounce package Branch's Milk Maid Caramels
- 5 medium Granny Smith apples
- 11 ounce bag Ghiradelli Classic White Chips
- 3 ½ Tablespoons cinnamon sugar, store bought or 3 Tablespoons white sugar + 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon mixed together
- 5 Popsicle sticks
- Prepare a baking sheet with wax paper sprayed lightly with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Melt the caramels as per the package instructions.
- While to caramels are melting, wash the apples and pat dry completely.
- Before dipping, allow the caramel to sit for 5 minutes. Pierce the apples with the Popsicle sticks and dip into the melted and slightly cooled caramel. Using a rubber spatula, scrape the excess caramel off the bottom of the apple and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining apples. Place the apples in your refrigerator for 30 minutes, or until the caramel is set.
- Place the white chips in a medium heat-proof bowl and cook on half power for 1 minute. Stir and cook for 30 seconds on half power. Stir again and repeat until the chips are melted.
- Remove the apples from the refrigerator and spread the white chocolate on each apple with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar and place the apples back on the baking sheet. Return the apples to the refrigerator to set, about 30 minutes.
The older photos of this recipe: