These Copycat Disney Apple Pie Caramel Apples tastes just like the ones at Disneyland! They’re covered with sticky caramel, dipped in white chocolate, and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar!
Disclosure: This post for Copycat Disney Apple Pie Caramel Apples includes affiliate links. This means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
Today I’m sharing my all-time favorite Caramel Apple with you, a copycat recipe for Disney’s Apple Pie Caramel Apple!
I don’t know about you, but anytime I’m at Disneyland I always plan out my meals in advance so I can take advantage of all the amazing eats. Disney Apple Pie Caramel Apples are always high on my list of foods to eat at Disneyland.
Now that it’s fall and the nearest Disneyland is hundreds of miles away, I’ve started to crave these caramel apples! Luckily they’re easy to make, and only take 4 ingredients!
- Granny Smith Apples
- Caramel (I like this brand or this one)
- Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips
- Cinnamon Sugar
Cook’s Note Copycat Disney Apple Pie Caramel Apples Recipe:
- Patience is key with these apples. You must allow the caramel to set on the dipped apples before dipping them into the white chocolate. Trust me, if you don’t wait then you’ll have a sticky mess on your hands, on the countertop… basically all over.
- These Caramel Apples will keep in an air-tight container, in the refrigerator, for up to 1 week.
- Bring apple(s) to room temperature before eating.
Cook’s Tools and Ingredients – Copycat Disney Apple Pie Caramel Apples:
ONE YEAR AGO: Skinny Lasagna Roll-Ups
TWO YEARS AGO: Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
THREE YEARS AGO: Edamame Stir Fry
Copycat Disney Apple Pie Caramel Apples Recipe Video:
- 14 ounce package Branch's Milk Maid Caramels
- 5 medium Granny Smith apples
- 11 ounce bag Ghiradelli Classic White Chips
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons cinnamon sugar, store bought or 3 Tablespoons white sugar + 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon mixed together
- 5 Popsicle sticks
- Prepare a baking sheet with wax paper sprayed lightly with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Melt the caramels as per the package instructions.
- While to caramels are melting, wash the apples and pat dry completely.
- Before dipping, allow the caramel to sit for 5 minutes. Pierce the apples with the Popsicle sticks and dip into the melted and slightly cooled caramel. Using a rubber spatula, scrape the excess caramel off the bottom of the apple and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining apples. Place the apples in your refrigerator for 30 minutes, or until the caramel is set.
- Place the white chips in a medium heat-proof bowl and cook on half power for 1 minute. Stir and cook for 30 seconds on half power. Stir again and repeat until the chips are melted.
- Remove the apples from the refrigerator and spread the white chocolate on each apple with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar and place the apples back on the baking sheet. Return the apples to the refrigerator to set, about 30 minutes.
Yield: 5 Caramel Apples
For more Caramel Apple love, check out these recipes:
Caramel Apples TutorialThe older photos of these Apple Pie Caramel Apples: