The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Your favorite chicken curry recipe just got a whole lot easier with this easy slow cooker recipe! This dinner is easy to prepare and leftovers taste even better the next day!
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Curry Recipe
At this point summer is long-gone and fall has officially arrived! It’s time to put up those salad spinners and affix your slow cooker to the slow cooker for the foreseeable future. I love cooking in the slow cooker for 3 main reasons:
- Meals come together almost effortlessly
- The yummy smells waft through your house all day long
- It’s perfect for when you’re running from here to there all day long
This recipe for chicken curry is awesome and it’s everything you want from a curry: deeply flavorful, multi-dimensional, and a snap to throw together.
If you love curry dishes as I do, then you’ll love this Creamy Curry Soup, Cranberry-Pecan Curry Rice, and Coconut Curry Shrimp.
- Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- I suggest storing leftover curry and rice separately.
Crockpot Chicken Curry
- 2 medium onions minced
- 2 medium jalapeño chilies stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tablespoons minced or grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 - 15-ounce cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 cup water plus extra as needed
- 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons Minute tapioca
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 12 ounces plum tomatoes 3 to 4, cored and chopped fine
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges for serving
- Microwave onions, jalapeños, oil, garlic, ginger, curry, tomato paste, and garam masala in a bowl, stirring occasionally until onions are softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir chickpeas, water, coconut milk, and tapioca into the slow cooker. Season chicken with salt and pepper and nestle into the slow cooker. Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 4 to 6 hours on low.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board, let cool slightly, then shred into bite-size pieces. Let stew settle for 5 minutes, and then remove fat from surface using a large spoon.
- Stir in tomatoes and raisins, cover, and cook on high until heated through about 10 minutes. Stir in shredded chicken and peas and let sit until heated through about 5 minutes. (Adjust stew consistency with additional hot water as needed.) Stir in cilantro, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve with lime wedges. Serve over your favorite rice variety.
Recipe adapted from America’s Test Kitchen’s Slow Cooker Revolution
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
This looks so good!! But I wish it were a little more fall-ish in Hawaii. My house was 90 degrees inside today. 🙁 But the crock pot is better than firing up the oven! Thanks for posting this!!
90 degrees is definitely not fall! There’s a chance we might be stationed in Hawaii, we’re putting that as our #2 choice and should find out in the next month!