This Cranberry-Pecan Curry Rice is full of Fall flavors and soul-warming curry! Serve it for a weeknight dinner or on Thanksgiving!
Rice is my favorite side dish to whip up with meals. It’s easy, delicious, and everyone love it. I love how Basmati rice smells while cooking. My kids recognize the smell too because they come running in from the other room to ask if we’re having rice for dinner.
Today, I’m sharing with you my Fall-inspired rice recipe. Cranberry and pecans are classic Fall ingredients, and for me, curry is becoming one, too. I make a lot of curry dishes during the Fall because they’re warming and so flavorful! For this recipe, I combined these Fall classics to make Cranberry-Pecan Curry Rice.
This dish is perfect served as a side during a casual family meal or even a more formal affair like Thanksgiving. I served it alongside turkey and the combination was perfect!
Some other rice side dishes that I love are:
- Pad Thai Fried Rice
- Coconut Rice
- Simple Fried Rice
- Easy Mexican Rice
- Hawaiian Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Rice Pudding
Cook’s Note – Cranberry-Pecan Curry Rice:
- This dish can be made ahead of time. Just leave out the chopped parsley before refrigerating the rice.
- To reheat: place in a microwave-safe dish and heat on HIGH for 2 minutes. Stir, then repeat at 1-minute intervals until rice is heated through. Before serving, add the parsley and toss.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
Cranberry-Pecan Curry Rice
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 cups Mahatma Basmati Rice
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- ¾ cups chopped pecans plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cups dried cranberries plus more for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
- In a large sauce pan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Add rice, bring back up to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes and fluff with fork.
- Heat a large, deep pan or pot over medium heat. Add oil and onion. Sauté until onion is opaque and the edges are lightly golden; about 5-6 minutes. Add garlic, and pecans. Continue to sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add fluffed rice, water, curry powder, ginger, salt and pepper. Stir until combined and rice is evenly coated with spices. Add cranberries and parsley; toss to combine. Transfer rice to serving bowl and enjoy!
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- The New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe - August 19, 2019
- How to Reheat Quiche Tutorial - August 17, 2019
- Easy Broccoli Quiche Recipe – less than $5.00 to make! - August 17, 2019