Making an easy and juicy Pork Loin Roast is simple. My recipe calls for just 6 ingredients and only 5 minutes of prep. This recipe is perfect for weeknights, Sunday dinners, and holidays.
This Pork Loin Roast serves six and costs about $7.65 to make, which is only $1.28 per serving. Serve it alongside this Italian Salad, Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes, and some Fried Apples for a complete home-cooked meal.
Pork Loin Roast
This Pork Loin Roast is the BEST recipe ever because it takes a handful of ingredients and only a few steps for an easy recipe that you can throw together. It is a no-stress meal perfect for Sunday dinner or fancy enough for a Holiday dinner.
Keep in mind that a pork loin, which is wide, is a different cut of meat than a pork tenderloin, which is long and thin. Be sure to get the correct cut of meat when preparing for this recipe.
The key to this recipe is in the rub. The rub, along with the pork loin’s fatty top, makes for a flavorful, crispy seasoned top that is fork-tender after it is roasted in the oven.
How do you keep pork loin from drying out?
The secret to keeping your pork loin roast from drying out is to cook it with the fat on top. This creates a natural baste to the roast from the fat layer as it cooks.
Does pork get more tender the longer you cook it?
There is nothing worse than a piece of dry pork! You want to cook it over a lower heat versus a high heat like a steak to create a tender, juicy piece of meat for a roast.
How long does it take to cook 2 pounds of pork?
The general rule of thumb is about 25 minutes per pound at 350 degrees F. I raise the temperature just a bit for this recipe and cook it for about 20 minutes per pound.
How to make Pork Loin Roast:
STEPS ONE AND TWO: First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. While it is preheating, mix the seasonings, then rub it into the pork loin roast.
STEPS THREE AND FOUR: Then place the loin into a baking dish. Cook the pork loin roast for about an hour. Place the pork on a cutting board to rest for fifteen minutes. To finish it up, slice into 1-inch slices and drizzle with pan drippings before serving.
- Small bowl
- Baking dish
- Instant-read thermometer
- Cutting board
- Carving knife
How much will this Pork Loin Roast recipe cost to make:
RECIPE COST: $7.65
PER SERVING COST: $1.28
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- 3-pound pork loin roast – $7.32
- 2 teaspoons salt – $0.04
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper – $0.04
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder – $0.06
- 1 teaspoon paprika – $0.03
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard – $0.16
More Main Dish recipes:
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Classic Shepherd’s Pie
- Shredded Beef Enchiladas
- Easy Pasta Primavera
- Hawaiian Fried Rice
- Easy Crockpot Chili
- Tomato Soup
- Smoked Burgers
- Grilled BBQ Chicken
- Smoked Ribs
- Picadillo Tacos
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Hungarian Goulash
- New York Style Thin Crust Pizza
Pork Loin Roast
- 3 pound pork loin roast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Remove Pork Loin Roast from the Refrigerator (make sure it’s defrosted if it was previously frozen).
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 375 F degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and ground mustard.
- Massage the seasonings into the pork loin roast.
- Place the pork loin in a baking dish with the fat cap facing up.
- Cook the pork for 60-65 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the pork to a cutting board. Rest the roast for 15 minutes.
- Slice the pork loin crossways into 3⁄4 to 1-inch slices and serve with the pan drippings.