The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Making an easy and juicy Pork Loin Roast is simple. My recipe calls for just 6 ingredients and only 5 minutes of prep. This recipe is perfect for weeknights, Sunday dinners, and holidays.
You will love this Roast Pork Loin Recipe
This Pork Loin Roast is the BEST recipe ever because it takes a handful of ingredients and only a few steps for an easy recipe that you can throw together. It is a no-stress meal perfect for Sunday dinner or fancy enough for a Holiday dinner.
Keep in mind that a pork loin, which is wide, is a different cut of meat than a pork tenderloin, which is long and thin. Be sure to get the correct cut of meat when preparing for this recipe.
The key to this recipe is in the rub. The rub, along with the pork loin’s fatty top, makes for a flavorful, crispy seasoned top that is fork-tender after it is roasted in the oven.
Pork Loin Roast Recipe ingredients and cost
RECIPE COST: $7.65
PER SERVING COST: $1.28
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- 3-pound pork loin roast – $7.32
- 2 teaspoons salt – $0.04
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper – $0.04
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder – $0.06
- 1 teaspoon paprika – $0.03
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard – $0.16
How to make this Pork Loin Roast in Oven
STEPS ONE AND TWO: First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. While it is preheating, mix the seasonings, then rub it into the pork loin roast.
STEPS THREE AND FOUR: Then place the loin into a baking dish. Cook the pork loin roast for about an hour. Place the pork on a cutting board to rest for fifteen minutes. To finish it up, slice into 1-inch slices and drizzle with pan drippings before serving.
- Small bowl
- Baking dish
- Instant-read thermometer
- Cutting board
- Carving knife
How to serve the Best Pork Loin Roast Recipe Ever
Here are some tips on how to serve the best pork loin roast recipe ever:
- Rest and slice. Let the pork loin roast rest for 10-15 minutes after removing it from the oven. This allows the juices to redistribute and keeps the meat moist. Use a sharp knife to slice the roast.
- Serve the roast with a flavorful sauce. A simple pan sauce made with the drippings from the roast, some chicken broth, and a splash of wine or vinegar is a great option. You can also serve the pork loin roast with a more complex sauce, such as a mushroom sauce or a gravy.
- Serve the pork loin roast with your favorite sides. Some classic sides that pair well with the roast include mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, and green beans.
Pork Loin Roast Recipe Oven FAQs
The secret to keeping your pork loin roast from drying out is to cook it with the fat on top. This creates a natural baste to the roast from the fat layer as it cooks.
There is nothing worse than a piece of dry pork! You want to cook it over a lower heat versus a high heat like a steak to create a tender, juicy piece of meat for a roast.
The general rule of thumb is about 25 minutes per pound at 350 degrees F. I raise the temperature just a bit for this recipe and cook it for about 20 minutes per pound.
Roasting pork loin uncovered will result in a crispier skin while roasting it covered will result in a more tender and juicy roast.
More Main Dish recipes:
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Classic Shepherd’s Pie
- Shredded Beef Enchiladas
- Easy Pasta Primavera
- Hawaiian Fried Rice
- Easy Crockpot Chili
- Tomato Soup
- Smoked Burgers
- Grilled BBQ Chicken
- Smoked Ribs
- Picadillo Tacos
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Hungarian Goulash
- New York Style Thin Crust Pizza
Pork Loin Roast Recipe (Oven)
- 3 pound pork loin roast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Remove Pork Loin Roast from the Refrigerator (make sure it’s defrosted if it was previously frozen).
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 375 F degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and ground mustard.
- Massage the seasonings into the pork loin roast.
- Place the pork loin in a baking dish with the fat cap facing up.
- Cook the pork for 60-65 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the pork to a cutting board. Rest the roast for 15 minutes.
- Slice the pork loin crossways into 3⁄4 to 1-inch slices and serve with the pan drippings.