These soft & chewy Gingerbread Cookie Bars couldn’t be any easier to make! They are deliciously spicy with just the right amount of cream cheese frosting!
To say I’m obsessed with all things gingerbread would be a huge understatement! Including these Gingerbread Cookie Bars, I have 8 recipes that are related to gingerbread in one way or another on the blog!
GINGERBREAD RECIPES ON FOOD FOLKS AND FUN:
- Gingerbread Cookie Bars (recipe below)
- Hanging Gingerbread Cookies
- Gingerbread OREO Truffles
- Gingerbread Cookies with Orange Glaze
- Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip (my most popular holiday recipe)
- Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Classic Gingerbread Cutout Cookies
- Gingerbread Waffles
And if all of these gingerbread recipes weren’t enough, I have a roundup of 10 Divine Ways to Eat Gingerbread. It’s full of delicious gingerbread recipes from some of my favorite bloggers!
See. Gingerbread OBSESSED! But my love for gingerbread doesn’t stop there!
Disclosure: This Chewy Gingerbread Cookie Bars recipe includes affiliate links.
Gingerbread products I love:
- Bath & Body Works Gingerbread Collection
- Philosophy Holiday Gingerbread House Set
- Gingerbread Fragrance Spray
BOOKS FOR KIDS:
- Gingerbread Spice Herbal Tea
- Gingerbread Spice (I LOVE sprinkling some of this on my oatmeal and even in my hot cocoa!)
- Gingerbread Cookie Butter
- Giant Gingerbread Boy Cookie Pan (this gingerbread cookie bars recipe would bake perfectly in this pan!)
- Gingerbread Family Cookie Cutter Set
- Gingerbread Man Brown Vinyl Kitchenaid Mixer Decal Art Wrap
HOUSE AND COOKIE KITS:
DECOR & HOME GOODS:
Gingerbread obsessed indeed, folks!
These Gingerbread Cookie Bars are just the thing to make when you want a gingerbread fix, and need it quickly! They’re so easy to make, let me show you how!
- Mix up the dough and bake.
- Cool the cookie bars.
- Make cream cheese frosting.
- Spread cream cheese frosting over cookie bars.
- Top with holiday sprinkles. (I used these and these. These are also a good alternative).
- Slice and serve!
Cook’s Note – Gingerbread Cookie Bars:
- These will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- This recipe makes 24 cookie bars, so make sure you have plans for sharing them!
Chewy Gingerbread Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 Tablespoons butter softened
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- holiday sprinkles optional
MAKE GINGERBREAD COOKIE BARS:
- Move oven rack to middle position and preheat to 350 degrees F. Grease 9x13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed, or in a large bowl using handheld beaters, cream together butter, sugars, vanilla, and molasses until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in egg until completely combined. Add dry ingredients and pulse mixer/handheld beaters until flour is incorporated. Increase mixing speed to medium and mix until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Spread dough evenly into prepared pan. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until darker in color and toothpick inserted comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Move pan to wire rack and cool completely before frosting.
MAKE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed, or in a large bowl using handheld beaters, cream together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla, and pulse to combine, then increase mixing speed to medium-high and mix until creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Frost cooled cookie bars with cream cheese frosting. Garnish with holiday sprinkles, slice in 24 bars, and serve.
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- Three Cheese Calzones - January 17, 2020
- Crock-Pot Chicken Gyro Bowls - January 15, 2020
- Grandma’s Golumpki – Stuffed Polish Cabbage (Gołąbki) - January 14, 2020