Creamy and vibrant Lemon Sherbet is a refreshing light treat. It’s the cross between sorbet and ice cream, and it’s easier to make than you think!
To me, nothing says warmer weather quite like the bright, robust, and fresh flavor of lemon. And that’s a big reason why I love this recipe, it has great lemon flavor and it’s super easy to make! Plus, the Lemon Sherbet is creamy like ice cream but not nearly as many calories.
Cook’s Note – Lemon Sherbet:
- You can turn this simple treat into a dinner party star by serving it inside hollowed out lemons and with fresh berries and toasted almonds.
- This Lemon Sherbet will keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a month.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
Cook’s Tools – Lemon Sherbet:
All that you need are just 4 ingredients to make this Lemon Sherbet recipe!
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 lemon zested
- 6 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a medium bowl whisk together the milk, sweetened condensed milk, and lemon zest. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Stir the lemon juice into the milk mixture. If the mixture curdles, then whisk it vigorously to make it smooth again.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream machine and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve immediately or transfer the sherbet to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.
More Frozen Treats for Summer:
This Lemon Sherbet recipe first appeared on FFF in 2011. I recently updated the pictures, and here’s the original picture for this recipe.