This Lemon Pistachio Bundt Cake recipe is made completely from scratch. It’s dense, buttery, and packed with pistachios and zesty lemon flavor.
This cake costs about $13.01 to make. It serves 16, which works out to be about $0.82 per serving.
For more bundt cake varieties, check out this Chocolate Chip Cake with Chocolate Glaze, this Cream Cheese Pound Cake with Fresh Strawberry Topping, or this Dark Chocolate Pound Cake.
Lemon Pistachio Bundt Cake
Lemon is a light and fresh flavor that is perfect for Easter and Springtime. This bundt cake has a well-balanced combo of rich and buttery pound cake with zesty lemon and mild pistachio flavors. The crunch of the pistachio pairs perfectly with the lemon.
My bundt cake is a simple yet elegant cake with easy lemon frosting. It is a refreshing dessert that will please any crowd. Think summer BBQs, a Spring potluck, a family gathering, a bridal shower, or any other occasion.
I recommend letting the bundt cake cool for fifteen minutes before flipping the pan over. This helps the cake come out of the pan more easily. It may also help to run an offset spatula around the pan’s edges between the pan and the cake right after taking the cake out of the oven.
A bundt cake is special because it is such a fun shape, making it slightly different from a traditional cake. A traditional European cake inspires the shape. Bundt cakes can be made in any flavor and are often used to celebrate birthdays.
Generously butter a 10-inch bundt pan and then dust the pan with flour. Tap out the excess flour before pouring in the cake batter.
How to make Pistachio Bundt Cake:
- First, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Then prep a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Next, make the cake batter. Bake it for 70-80 minutes.
- After the cake has cooled for 15 minutes, invert the cake onto a rack to cool for another hour.
- While the cake is cooling, make the frosting. Spread the frosting over the top of the cake.
- Finally, garnish with pistachios and slice and serve.
How Long Is It Good For:
SERVE & STORE: Keep the bundt cake covered at room temperature for up to 4 days.
FREEZE: Wrap the entire cake or slices in two layers of plastic wrap and a layer of foil. Freeze for about 2 months. Defrost the cake at room temperature. It will take about 1-2 hours for the whole cake and about 20-30 minutes for individual slices.
How much will this Lemon Pistachio Bundt Cake recipe cost to make?
Recipe cost: $13.01
Per Serving Cost: $0.82
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- 3 cups cake flour – $1.23
- ½ teaspoon baking powder – $0.07
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom – $0.17
- ½ teaspoon salt – $0.01
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter – $2.40
- 5 large eggs – $0.50
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar – $0.35
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest – $0.12
- 3-4 Tablespoons lemon juice – $0.21
- 1 ½ cups shelled pistachios – $4.88
- 1 ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract – $0.85
- ¼ cup unsalted butter – $0.40
- 1 cup buttermilk – $0.58
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar – $0.43
- ¼ cup pistachios – $0.81
More Dessert Recipes:
- White Chocolate Blondies
- Carrot Cake Cookie Bar Recipe
- Lemon Cream Pie Float
- How to Make Cannoli Cream
- Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies with Toasted Coconut
- Coconut Cream Cake
- Bakery Style Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake
- Toasted Coconut Macadamia Nut Bars
- Strawberries & Cream Cheese Blintzes
- Bunny Bait Snack Mix
- Lemon Lush from Scratch
- Copycat Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake
- Lemon Mug Cake
- Copycat Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- Strawberry Lasagna
Lemon Pistachio Bundt Cake
LEMON PISTACHIO BUNDT CAKE:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- ¼ cup roughly chopped pistachios
PREP OVEN AND PAN:
- Move the oven rack to the lower-middle position. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Generously butter a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Dust the pan with flour and tap out the excess flour.
MAKE CAKE BATTER:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cake flour, baking powder, salt, and ground cardamom. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until creamy and lightened in color and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add eggs, lemon zest, and salt and beat until just combined.
- Add the flour and buttermilk to the mix, alternating between the dry ingredients and buttermilk in three parts, starting and ending with the flour mixture.
- Fold in the pistachios.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan. Smooth the batter into an even layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 70-80 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Move the cake to a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- Then, invert the cake onto the rack and cool completely for about 45-60 minutes.
MAKE LEMON FROSTING:
- Add all of the ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Pulse the mixer until the powdered sugar is mixed in. Then, increase the speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes, or until light and creamy.
- Once the cake is cooled, spread the frosting evenly over just the top of the cake.
- Garnish with pistachios.
- Slice and serve.