The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Oven Tacos Recipe is so easy to make plus it makes enough to feed a crowd! They’re economical and you can customize them to fit your family’s taste buds!
Love Taco night and all things Mexican food-related? Check out my post for my favorite recipes here.
This Easy Oven Tacos recipe is a staple at my house. They’re incredibly tasty and so easy to make. In fact 30 minutes is all you need from start to finish. While these tacos are baking in the oven I whip up my Mexican Rice to serve along with it. When I’ve feeling overly ambitious I make my Restaurant-Style Refried Beans, too. Both the Oven Tacos recipe and the Mexican Rice will serve a crowd! As long as the meat going into the tacos is overly wet, the tacos can be served as leftover the next day.
What I love about this Oven Tacos recipe is that it makes a ton for about $7-9 (depending on the toppings you choose)! To make them even more economical I always use my Homemade Taco Mix in the recipe.
How to Make Oven Tacos:
- Place the taco shells into a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Fill the taco shells with meat and cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the taco shells are crispy.
Cook’s Note – Oven Tacos Recipe
- I like to use the taco shells with the flat bottom. They stay up easier plus you can stuff them with more filling!
- I recommend placing the toppings on your dinner table so folks can fill their own tacos with their favorite fillings.
- Leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Just crisp them in a 400 degree F oven for 5 minutes. Then add you toppings and serve!
- The topping I list in the recipe are just a suggestion. Use your favorites to customize the recipe to fit your taste!
Oven Tacos Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 9 x 13-inch pan add the hard taco shells. Nestle them in nice and close to each other.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the ground beef. Use the back of a wooden spoon to break the beef apart. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is browned. Drain off the grease.
- Spoon the ground beef into the taco shells and distribute evenly. Sprinkle in the cheese and bake in the preheated oven for about 8 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the shells are crispy and have darkened a little.
- Add you favorite toppings and serve!