These Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos are my go-to weeknight dinner. They’re juicy, flavorful, and SO easy to make.
- Enchiladas: My favorite recipe is for my New Mexico-Style Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas.
- Loaded nachos: I layer mine with shredded chicken from the recipe below, queso blanco dip, green chile pinto beans, honey-lime chipotle salsa, and guacamole.
- Chicken chili: My 30-minute white chicken chili recipe is my all-time favorite.
- Mexican soups: Use this shredded chicken in my 20-minute chicken taco soup, Mexican tortilla soup, and chicken enchilada soup.
- Burritos: Layer your burrito with the shredded chicken below, Mexican rice, refried beans, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and tomatillo salsa.
Cook’s Note – Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos
- While you can good the chicken on high for 3 hours, I don’t suggest it. I find the chicken is a little rubbery when cooked quickly. When it’s cooked low and slow the juices penetrate the meat more and make it SO succulent!
- This recipe can be doubled, and even tripled if your slow cooker can handle it. If tripling the recipe, increase the cooking time by 1 hour. If you’re doubling the recipe, there’s no need to increase the cooking time.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 1 ½ pounds skinless boneless chicken breast (frozen or thawed)
- ⅛ cup white vinegar or red wine vinegar
- ⅛ cup lime juice or orange juice
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped (optional)
- hard taco shells
- flour tortillas
- corn tortillas
- shredded Mexican cheese
- shredded lettuce
- diced avocado
- lime wedges
- In measuring cup, whisk together vinegar, juice, olive oil, sugar, salt, and pepper. Place chicken in Crockpot and pour vinegar mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Shred chicken with forks and then add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and cilantro (if using). Cover slow cooker and let meat rest for 10 minutes, and then serve with hard tacos shells, flour tortillas, or corn tortillas and the toppings of your choice.