These Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos are my go-to weeknight dinner. They’re juicy, flavorful, and SO easy to make.
I love crockpot meals; they’re great for Sunday dinners or days when I’m out for hours running errands. I’ve been making this Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos recipe for over 11 years now and it never gets old!
Since having kids, these Shredded Chicken Tacos have become a weekly staple. They’re so incredibly juicy, flavorful and quick and easy, too! Plus, my entire family loves these tacos.
This Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos recipe is versatile, too. I use the shredded chicken for other dishes like:
- Enchiladas: My favorite recipe is for my New Mexico-Style Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas.
- Loaded nachos: I layer mine with shredded chicken from the recipe below, queso blanco dip, green chile pinto beans, honey-lime chipotle salsa, and guacamole.
- Chicken chili: My 30-minute white chicken chili recipe is my all-time favorite.
- Mexican soups: Use this shredded chicken in my 20-minute chicken taco soup, Mexican tortilla soup, and chicken enchilada soup.
- Burritos: Layer your burrito with the shredded chicken below, Mexican rice, refried beans, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and tomatillo salsa.
Cook’s Note – Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos
- While you can good the chicken on high for 3 hours, I don’t suggest it. I find the chicken is a little rubbery when cooked quickly. When it’s cooked low and slow the juices penetrate the meat more and make it SO succulent!
- This recipe can be doubled, and even tripled if your slow cooker can handle it. If tripling the recipe, increase the cooking time by 1 hour. If you’re doubling the recipe, there’s no need to increase the cooking time.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos
These Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos are my go-to weeknight dinner. They’re juicy, flavorful, and SO easy to make.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 6 people
- 1 ½ pounds skinless boneless chicken breast (frozen or thawed)
- ⅛ cup white vinegar or red wine vinegar
- ⅛ cup lime juice or orange juice
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped (optional)
- hard taco shells
- flour tortillas
- corn tortillas
- shredded Mexican cheese
- shredded lettuce
- diced avocado
- lime wedges
- In measuring cup, whisk together vinegar, juice, olive oil, sugar, salt, and pepper. Place chicken in Crockpot and pour vinegar mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Shred chicken with forks and then add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and cilantro (if using). Cover slow cooker and let meat rest for 10 minutes, and then serve with hard tacos shells, flour tortillas, or corn tortillas and the toppings of your choice.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 299mg | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 122IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Follow me @FoodFolksandFun
I recently update the pictures for this recipe. Here are the original ones (man, have I come a long way!).
Hi, I'm Jillian. I'm a teacher turned stay-at-home mom. I miss the creativity teaching provided so I'm always trying to find time to exercise my artistic abilities. Mostly that means cooking and baking. My blog is dedicated to providing restaurant-quality recipes for the home cook.
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- Beef Negimaki – Japanese Rolled Steak and Scallions - January 20, 2020
- Three Cheese Calzones - January 17, 2020
- Crock-Pot Chicken Gyro Bowls - January 15, 2020