These Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos are my go-to weeknight dinner. They’re juicy, flavorful, and SO easy to make.
Disclosure: This post for Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running.
- loaded nachos
- chicken chili
- Mexican soups
Cook’s Note – Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos
- While you can good the chicken on high for 3 hours, I don’t suggest it. I find the chicken is a little rubbery when cooked quickly. When it’s cooked low and slow the juices penetrate the meat more and make it SO succulent!
- This recipe can be doubled, and even tripled if your slow cooker can handle it. If tripling the recipe, increase the cooking time by 1 hour. If you’re doubling the recipe, there’s no need to increase the cooking time.
Cook’s Tools – Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast (frozen or thawed)
- 1/8 C white vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/8 C lime juice or orange juice
- 1/8 C olive oil
- 1 t white sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t ground black pepper
- 1/2 t ground cumin
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/4 C cilantro chopped (optional)
- FOR SERVING pick and chose:
- hard taco shells
- flour tortillas
- corn tortillas
- shredded Mexican cheese
- shredded lettuce
- diced avocado
- lime wedges
- In measuring cup, whisk together vinegar, juice, olive oil, sugar, salt, and pepper. Place chicken in Crockpot and pour vinegar mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Shred chicken with forks and then add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and cilantro (if using). Cover slow cooker and let meat rest for 10 minutes, and then serve with hard tacos shells, flour tortillas, or corn tortillas and the toppings of your choice.