Cook’s Note – Pad Thai Fried Rice
- This is perfect as a side dish, or add some shrimp or chicken to make it a complete meal!
Cook’s Tools – Pad Thai Fried Rice
Pad Thai Fried Rice
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice uncooked
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 green onions, white and green parts, separated and thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- lime wedges
- Cook rice as per package instructions, fluff and set aside.
- While rice is cooking make the sauce. Whisk together brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, and Sriracha Chili Sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in deep, large skillet over medium-high heat. Add whites of green onions, and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 60 seconds. Add eggs and cook and scramble until eggs are nearly set (they should still be a little wet), about 1 minutes. Transfer egg mixture to a small bowl.
- Next, add fluffed rice, green parts of onions, carrots, bean sprouts, and sauce to skillet. Cook while stirring constantly until rice is well coated sauce, about 2 minutes. Cover and cook 2 more minutes, or until bean sprouts soften. Add egg mixture and toss to coat, breaking up eggs gently as you go.
- Top rice with chopped cilantro and peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.
More Rice Recipes: