The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
These Thai Peanut Noodles are an easy 20-minute recipe packed with so much flavor! The noodles are easy to customize, and they’re guaranteed to get rave reviews and recipe requests!
This recipe serves six for just $1.03 per serving. So the total cost of the recipe is about $6.16.
I love making Thai food at home. Thai Basil Beef, Cilantro Thai Chicken, Chicken in Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce, along with these Thai Peanut Noodles, are among some of my favorite recipes to make.
I love these Thai peanut Butter Noodles! It is a quick and straightforward meal that only involves cooking the noodles! Pour the sauce over the cooked noodles, and the warm noodles heat the sauce. It is magical!
The peanut butter gives the Thai Noodles that nutty flavor we all love, while the Sriracha sauce gives it the little bit of kick that it needs. Combine the sauce with the tender noodles and fresh, colorful veggies, and you have a complete meal ready in twenty minutes!
Making this Thai Noodles recipe allows you to enjoy a little taste of your favorite Asian cuisine at home!
INGREDIENTS AND COST
Per Serving Cost: $1.03
Recipe Cost: $6.16
- 1 pound linguine – $1.28
- 1 large red bell pepper – $1.28
- 1 large carrot – $0.14
- 3 green onions – $0.30
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter – $1.02
- 1/4 cup hot water – $0
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice – $0.14
- ¼ cup soy sauce – $0.18
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar – $0.06
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar – $0.06
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha – $0.02
- 1 Tablespoons sesame oil – $0.30
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger – $0.03
- 6 fried eggs – $0.60
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro – $0.24
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts – $0.51
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- First cook the pasta, following the package instructions, and then drain.
- Then, whisk the ingredients for the sauce together in a large bowl.
- Finally, toss the drained pasta with the peanut sauce, bell pepper slices, carrots, and green onions, until combined.
- Serve with a fried egg, cilantro, and peanuts.
***See the recipe card below for compile, detailed instructions.
- You can add in your protein such as shredded chicken, sliced beef or pork, or shrimp to the Thai peanut noodles.
- To make the dish a little healthier, substitute zucchini noodles for the pasta noodles.
- Instead of linguine you can use use rice noodles, whole-grain pasta, yaki-soba noodles, or ramen noodles (the straight kind).
SERVE: The noodles can be left out for two hours before needing to be kept in the fridge.
STORE: Store the noodles in an airtight container, in the fridge, for up to three days.
FREEZE: The noodles do not freeze well, so this is not a recipe I recommend freezing.
- Pasta Pot
- Mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Liquid measuring cup
- Measuring cups and spoons
I love serving these spicy, nutty Thai Peanut Noodles as the main dish, so a simple salad works well alongside it. However, you can also serve it as a side dish alongside some Salmon or Shrimp.
The most famous noodle used in Thai cooking is a wide rice noodle. To simplify this recipe, I use linguine pasta. However, you can use rice noodles as well.
The sauce is made with peanut butter, and then the dish is topped with peanuts. These noodles would not be a recipe I would serve someone with a peanut allergy.
MORE QUICK AND EASY RECIPES
- Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Spicy Noodles
- Tomato Basil Pasta
- Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Easy Pasta Primavera
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Citrus Cream Pasta
- Baked Salmon with Lemon Sauce
- One Pot Cajun Pasta
Thai Peanut Noodles
- 1 pound linguine or rice noodles
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced into thin 2-inch pieces
- 1 large carrot cut into thin matchsticks
- 3 green onions chopped
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup hot water
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 Tablespoons sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 fried eggs with runny yolks
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts chopped
- Cook the pasta as per the package instructions, and drain.
MAKE PEANUT SAUCE:
- Meanwhile, make the rest of the recipe. In a large bowl whisk together all of the sauce ingredients.
- Toss the drained pasta with peanut sauce, sliced bell pepper, carrots, and green onions until well coated.
- Serve noodles in bowls and top with a fried egg, cilantro, and peanuts.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
I love peanut sauce in all sweet and savory dishes! Makes it so interesting and filling.
Family friend, budget friendly and full of great Thai flavors. This is my kind of meal.
Jessica Formicola says
We had these noodles for dinner last night and they were incredible! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
Loved this recipe, was a big hit in our house and so easy to make! Great flavor, will definitely make again!
Carrie Robinson says
I love how quickly this comes together! 🙂 And that egg on top… yum!