Make this quick and easy Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup recipe in just 30 minutes. It’s the comfort food recipe your family craves for easy weeknight dinners.
It serves six and costs just $10.02 to make. That’s only $1.67 per serving.
Wouldn’t it be nice if when you or your kids are about to get sick, you could receive some sort of warning? Like, “Hey, your life is about to be turned upside down for the next week. Get ready!”
You could stock up on medicine, sterilize the house, get the laundry done, make the best chicken noodle soup recipe, and do all the things.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t work that way. It’s more like, “Hey, it’s the middle of the night; let’s get sick!” Or, “Hey, you’re trying to work on a major presentation for work, let’s have the school nurse call to tell you one of your kiddos is super sick.” Ahhh, life, am I right?!
Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
I love making this recipe when I have a craving for homemade chicken noodle soup but don’t have time to make the soup entirely from scratch. Using a Rotisserie Chicken in the Chicken Noodle Soup is such a great life hack.
My family adores this recipe, which is always a win (especially with my picky 6-year-old) plus it freezes great, too!
This Chicken Noodle Soup with Rotisserie Chicken recipe is great to make when sickness hits your family. We all know that when taking care of sick kiddos or even yourself, the last thing you want to think about is dinner, but don’t worry because I’ve got you covered!
I like to make a big batch of this soup for freezing and having on hand in such moments. Below you’ll find my instructions for freezing this easy Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup.
Soup Freezing Instructions:
- Follow all of step 1 of the recipe below. Then, turn off the heat and add the chicken broth, chicken, carrots, bay leaf, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Give everything a quick stir and then place the soup into freezer quart or freezer gallon bags. Seal the bags well, label them with a permanent marker, and freeze.
- When you’re ready to have the soup from the freezer, thaw the soup completely, add the soup to the pot, add in the egg noodles (If you’re only heating half of the soup, then add in half of the noodles.), and continue with rest of step 2 in the recipe instructions below.
Is rotisserie chicken good for you?
Absolutely! Rotisserie chicken is a great healthy choice. It is full of protein. However, as a bonus, it is also a good source of iron, calcium, and vitamin A. So eat up! To make it an even better healthy choice, remove the skin before eating it.
What can I add to my chicken noodle soup for flavor?
Adding a few simple spices can add some flavor to your soup. I like to add the following seasonings:
- Bay leaf
- Dried oregano
- Dried basil
Does chicken noodle soup help a cold?
We all know that when we are not feeling well, a bowl of chicken noodle soup can heal our soul. But does it heal our colds, too? There have been studies done that show it does help! It can help clear congestion, which helps lessen those cold symptoms.
Chicken noodle soup is full of nutrients, so it helps strengthen your immune system, which also helps lessen those pesky cold symptoms. Grab a bowl and feel better!
How to make Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup:
- First, melt butter in a large pot and then add the onion and celery, cooking for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Next, add the chicken broth to the pot, followed by the chicken, noodles, carrots, bay leaf, and seasonings. Stir and then bring to a boil. Then cook for 20 minutes.
- Finally, remove the bay leaf and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley and serve.
I sometimes serve the soup with my Spinach Salad, and when I serve it with bread and salad, I find that I can get 8-10 servings out of this soup.
Cook’s Note – Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe:
- You can make dinner prep even more effortless by pre-chopping all of the veggies in the morning and storing them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook!
- If you don’t have rotisserie chicken on hand, then any leftover chicken or canned chicken will do. You can even use leftover turkey and ham, too.
How much will this recipe cost?
RECIPE COST: $10.02
PER SERVING COST: $1.67
NOTE: I calculate the recipe prices by using name brand grocery prices on grocery store websites.
- 1 tablespoon salted butter $0.10
- 1 small white onion chopped $0.70
- 2 large garlic cloves minced $0.10
- 1 cup chopped celery about 2 stalks $0.18
- 9 cups chicken broth $2.97
- 2 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken $2.81
- 10 ounces egg noodles $1.78
- 1 cup sliced carrots $1.20
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano $0.03
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil $0.10
- 1 bay leaf $0.03
- 1/2 teaspoon salt $0.01
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper $0.01
More Soup Recipes:
- Chicken and Gnocchi Soup Olive Garden Copycat
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Crockpot Tuscan White Bean Soup
- Creamy Vegetable Soup
- Easy Chicken Barley Soup
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Pantry Chicken Taco Soup
- Shortcut Italian Wedding Soup
- Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Soup
Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup recipe
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery about 2 stalks
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 9 cups chicken broth
- 2 ½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 10 ounces egg noodles
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- freshly chopped parsley
- In a large pot add the butter and melt over medium heat. Once the butter is melted and the foaming subsides, add the onion and celery and cook until just tender and the onion is translucent about 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot, followed by the chicken, noodles, carrots, bay leaf, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Give everything a stir, increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf, and season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle the rotisserie chicken noodle soup into bowls and garnish with freshly chopped parsley. Serve.