Make this easy, one-pot Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup recipe in just 30 minutes. It’s the comfort food recipe your family craves for easy weeknight dinners.
Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
I love making this recipe when I have a craving for chicken noodle soup but don’t have time to make the soup completely from scratch. My family adores this recipe which is always a win (especially with my picky 5-year-old) plus it freezes great, too!
This Chicken Noodle Soup with Rotisserie Chicken recipe is great to make when sickness hits your family. We all know that when taking care of sick kiddos or even yourself, the last thing you want to think about is dinner, but don’t worry because I’ve got you covered! I like to make a big batch of this soup for freezing and having on hand in such moments. Below you’ll find my instructions for freezing this Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup.
Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup Freezer Instructions:
- Follow all of step 1 of the recipe below. Then, turn off the heat and add the chicken broth, chicken, carrots, bay leaf, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Give everything a quick stir and then place the soup into freezer quart or freezer gallon bags. Seal the bags well, label them with a permanent marker, and freeze.
- When you’re ready to have the soup from the freezer, thaw the soup completely, add the soup to the pot, add in the egg noodles (If you’re only heating up half of the soup, then add in half of the noodles.), and continue with rest of step 2 in the recipe instructions below.
I love serving this soup with my Honey Wheat Bread (also freezes well) or my Cheddar Biscuits. Both round out this meal quite well. I sometimes serve the soup with my Spinach Salad, and when I serve it with bread and salad I find that I can get 8-10 servings out of this soup.
Cook’s Note – Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe:
- You can make dinner prep even easier by pre-chopping all of the veggies in the morning and storing them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook!
- If you don’t have rotisserie chicken on hand, then any leftover chicken or canned chicken will do. You can even use leftover turkey and ham, too.
Cook’s Tools – Chicken Noodle Soup:
ONE YEAR AGO: Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream
TWO YEARS AGO: Crunchy Date Nut Bread
THREE YEARS AGO: Philly Cheesesteak Dip
Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup recipe
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery about 2 stalks
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 9 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 10 ounces egg noodles
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- freshly chopped parsley
- In a large pot add the butter and melt over medium heat. Once the butter is melted and the foaming subsides, add the onion and celery and cook until just tender and the onion is translucent about 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot, followed by the chicken, noodles, carrots, bay leaf, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Give everything a stir, increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf, and season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle the rotisserie chicken noodle soup into bowls and garnish with freshly chopped parsley. Serve.