This Sweet Chipotle Pork Tacos recipe is an easy slow cooker recipe that is flavorful and a real crowd-pleaser!
The holiday season is a busy one no doubt. With the influx of out of town guests, dinner time can be a little tricky. You want to make dinners that guests will love, but they have got to be easy! Tacos are always my go-to for these times. Because seriously, who doesn’t love tacos?!?
Today I’m sharing my slow cooker Sweet Chipotle Pork Tacos recipe with you. It’s a crowd-pleasing recipe that’s easy to make and so tasty.
The deep, smoky, rich flavor of the chipotle peppers heightens the flavor of these Sweet Chipotle Pork Tacos.
The pork in this recipe is so tender and deliciously sweet without being overpowering. I used Coca-Cola to both sweeten and tenderize the pork!
How to Make Sweet Chipotle Pork Tacos:
First, you need to gather all of the ingredients.
- Chop the onion and place it in the slow cooker.
- Next, add the pork to the slow cooker and nestle it right on top of the onions.
- Mix up the cooking liquid: La Morena Chipotle Peppers, Coca-Cola, and brown sugar.
- Then, pour the cooking liquid over the pork, and cook for 7 hours on low.
- Shred the pork, then cook 1 more hour on low.
- Whisk together the dressing for the slaw: mayonnaise, pineapple juice, garlic, and La Morena Chipotle Peppers.
- Next, add the slaw, cilantro, green onions, and pineapple to the bowl.
- Toss until the slaw is evenly coated.
- Toast the tortillas either over an open flame or under the broiler.
- Finally, add the pork to the tortillas followed by the slaw and cilantro, then chow down!
Slow Cooker Sweet Chipotle Pork Tacos
FOR THE SLOW COOKER PORK:
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 7 ounce can La Morena Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce divided
- 1 ½ cups Coca-Cola
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
FOR THE SLAW:
- 8- ounce bag coleslaw mix shredded cabbage
- 2 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 8 ounce can pineapple chunks drained and chopped, 3 Tablespoons reserved
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro plus more for garnish
- 24 6-inch corn tortillas
- Lime wedges for serving
MAKE SLOW COOKER PORK:
- Add onions to the bottom of a slow cooker. Nestle pork right on top of onions. Chop entire can of chipotles and add them to a small bowl. Reserve 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce, then add rest to bowl. Add Coca-Cola and brown sugar, whisk to combine. Pour mixture over pork, cover, and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Shred pork, removing any chunks of fat, and continue to cook on LOW for 1 hour.
- While pork cooks for the last hour, make the slaw. In a medium bowl add reserved chipotle sauce, mayonnaise, reserved pineapple juice, and garlic. Whisk to combine then add pineapple, coleslaw mix, green onions, and cilantro then toss until evenly coated. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Lightly toast tortillas by placing them under the broiler until edges start to brown. OR toast them over a gas burner until edges are lightly charred. Add pork filling to tacos, top with slaw mixture, and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately!
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies– Better than Lofthouse! - October 16, 2019
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew - October 12, 2019
- New York-Style Thin Crust Pizza - October 9, 2019