THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
This Crock Pot Green Chile Pinto Beans Recipe is my all-time favorite pinto beans recipe for stuffing into burritos. These pinto beans are easy to make and so tasty!
Whether you stuff these pinto beans into your favorite burrito or serve them with your favorite Mexican dish, they’re delicious! This pinto beans recipe is full of roasted and chopped Hatch green chile. Hatch green chile is in season from late summer until early fall.
Throughout the Southwest and parts of California, you can purchase 30-pound bags of them at your local grocery store and have them roasted on site. If you don’t live in an area when you can get them roasted fresh, no worries! The canned chopped green chile is just as good! With this recipe, you’ll need 2 cups of chopped green chile!
When I am making burritos or need a Mexican side dish, these slow cooker pinto beans are always my go-to recipe. They are seriously delish! This pinto beans recipe is full of chopped Hatch green chiles. Green chiles are one of my favorite food items to cook with because they add so much flavor to the recipe.
Adding green chile to this pinto beans recipe is a must! But do you want to know the best part of this recipe? It is made in a crockpot! Slow cooker pinto beans? Yes, please! Put everything in your crockpot and go put your feet up, when you come back you will have a delicious smelling kitchen and even more delicious slow cooker pinto beans waiting for you!
How do you cook pinto beans without soaking them?
You can rinse your beans in a colander before you put them in the crockpot. The pinto beans will be covered in water in the crockpot while they are cooking. So there is actually no need to try to remember to soak the beans overnight the night before you are going to cook the pinto beans.
How to cook pinto beans in a slow cooker?
Cooking pinto beans in a crockpot is super easy. Put your beans in the slow cooker along with the other ingredients except for the cheese. Cook the pinto beans on high for 8-9 hours. Make sure the beans are tender when they are done cooking. No one wants hard pinto beans! Garnish with the cheese on top.
Cook’s Note – Crock Pot Green Chile Pinto Beans Recipe
- WARNING: while cooking these pinto beans will fill your house with a heavenly aroma!
- This pinto beans recipe makes about 12 cups of beans!
- Cooked pinto beans can be frozen in an air-tight container or Ziploc bag for up to 6 months.
Disclosure: This post for Crock Pot Green Chile Pinto Beans Recipe includes affiliate links.
- Large Crock Pot (I own this one and it’s my favorite!)
LOVE MEXICAN FOOD AS MUCH AS I DO?
Check out some of my personal favorite recipes:
- Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Restaurant Style Refried Beans
- New Mexico Style Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Mexican Spinach Dip
- Sweet Corn Tamales Cake
- Picadillo Tacos
- Enchilada sauce
- Carne Asada Street Tacos
- Queso Blanco Dip
- Breakfast Taco Bar
Crock Pot Green Chile Pinto Beans Recipe
FOR PINTO BEANS:
- 3 cups dried pinto beans rinsed and picked over
- 8 cups water
- 16 ounces canned diced green chile
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 medium onion diced small
- cotija cheese crumbled (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients except for the cheese to a large crock pot.
- Cook on high for 8-9 hours. The beans should be nice and tender. Serve with crumbled cotija cheese (optional).
This Slow Cooker Pinto Beans recipe first appeared on Food Folks and Fun on August 22, 2015. I have since updated the photos and the originals are below.
If you enjoyed this Crock Pot Green Chile Pinto Beans Recipe, then try my Crock Pot Restaurant Style Refried Beans!