Truffle Popcorn with Parmesan is an easy and decadent snack or appetizer that’s great for movie nights and a Thanksgiving appetizer.
Although it’s unclear if popcorn was served at the first Thanksgiving, I’m serving it at mine! It’s a fun addition to the appetizer spread that everyone loves.
I’m taking it to the next level by adding truffle oil, decadent, luscious truffle oil. On a trip to Italy, I picked up a small bottle of truffle oil, and I have used it on just about everything! I loved using it on popcorn, and my little family l loved it so much that we might have had a big bowl of it for dinner…oops.
- You don’t need to travel to Italy to pick up some truffle oil; specialty grocery stores and stores like Sprouts and Whole Foods carry it! Amazon does as well; you can get some here.
- This recipe calls for 20 cups of popped popcorn. For me, this took about 1 cup of uncooked kernels.
- If you’re looking for a great popcorn popper, I love this one. Plus, it has a bit of nostalgia to it.
- This recipe is easily reduced.
Directions for making this recipe ahead of time:
This recipe can easily be made up to 2 days in advance; it just stores it in an airtight container.
Truffle Popcorn with Parmesan
- large bowl
- popcorn popper
- wooden spoon
- 20 cups of popped popcorn
- ¼ cup truffle oil
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- In an extra-large bowl, add the popcorn, truffle oil, grated cheese, salt, and pepper. Give the popcorn a good, gentle toss until it's coated. Serve!