The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Zombie Bait Chex Mix is a fun Halloween treat. Grab the kids, they’ll LOVE making it with you! Plus you’ll only need 4 ingredients.
Alright folks, confession time. I am a self declared Halloween wuss! I’m totally fine with all of the cute Halloween stuff. But the blood, gore, and scary bits…I can definitely do without! To make this Zombie Bait, I bought a lot more sprinkle and add in that were not as cutesy (they were these bloody bone sprinkles). In the end I decided to leave them out.
My 5-year-old LOVED making this Zombie Bait with me. Her favorite part was adding the sprinkles and gummy worms to the Chex mix.
All you need are just 4 ingredients to make this Zombie Bait Chex Mix.
Zombie Bait Chex Mix Ingredients:
Wilton Vibrant Green Candy Melts
Zombie Bait Chex Mix - a Halloween Treat!
- 12- ounce bag Wilton vibrant green candy melts
- 8 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2.5- ounce container Wilton Skull Sprinkle Mix
- 4- ounce package Trolli Sour Brite Crawlers
- In a medium heat-safe bowl, melt the candy melts in the microwave for 30 seconds on 50% power. Stir and repeat microwaving until the chips are completely melted.
- In a large bowl pour the candy melts over the Chex. Stir carefully until the Chex are coated. Spread the mixture out over parchment paper or wax paper. Add the sprinkles on top and let cool and harden, about 1 hour. Break apart, add the Trolli Sour Bite Crawlers and either serve immediately or sore in an air-tight container.
Disclosure: This post for Zombie Bait Chex Mix includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
My kids are going to love this recipe! I can’t wait to give this a try!
Sadia Malik says
this is such a fun recipe and simple.
Chenée Lewis says
This is so fun! I love that the kids can make it with me!