Fall is right around the corner and for me that means it’s Pumpkin Bread season, and no Fall is complete with my mom’s Pumpkin Pie-Spiced Pumpkin Bread!
My mom has stayed with us the last couple of weeks to help out as we adjust to life with our new little one and I have taken the opportunity to have her make her famous Pumpkin Bread recipe for us. We may have even had it for dinner the day she made it. No seriously…we did. 🙂
My mom has made this recipe for at least 20 years and it is perfect; there’s no need to search for another recipe!
Cook’s Note For Pumpkin Pie-Spiced Pumpkin Bread:
- My family likes to top slices of the pumpkin bread with a little cream cheese…delicious!
- This recipe makes 2 large loaves; save one for your family and give one away to a friend or neighbor! Or just eat a loaf for dinner like we did and save the other one for later. 🙂
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 2½ Cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 15-Ounce Can pumpkin
- ⅔ cup water
- 3½ Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ Teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 2 Teaspoons pumpkin pie seasoning
- ⅔ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare 2 loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light an fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, pumpkin and water and mix until incorporated .
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined and there's no more flour pockets.
- Divide the batter evenly among 2 loaf pans and bake 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Transfer loaf pans to a wire rack to cool. Cool at least 2 hours before slicing.
Looking for more fabulous Fall Recipes? Then follow my Everything Fall Pinterest board!
I’m linking up this recipe for Pumpkin Pie-Spiced Pumpkin Bread with Walnuts at:
Menu Plan Monday , Skip to My Lou, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Somewhat Simple, Tidy Mom, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane, I Heart Naptime,The 36th Avenue, Today’s Creative Blog, Six Sister’s Stuff, 30 Handmade Days, The Idea Room, Craft-o-maniac, Classy Clutter, The Cards We Drew, Blooming Homestead, The Crafted Sparrow, Giggles Galore, C.R.A.F.T, Uncommon Designs, Sugar Bee Crafts