The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
These Banana Cinnamon Muffins are quick, easy to make, and perfect for all-year-round enjoyment. The cinnamon-sugar topping adds a little additional sweetness to the banana flavor.
You can enjoy these muffins for only $0.14 per muffin. The recipe makes twenty muffins for a total of $2.91.
For more muffin flavor variations, I love making these Apple Muffins with Crunchy Brown Sugar Topping, these Irresistible Pumpkin Honey Muffins, and these Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins.
For a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack, these Cinnamon Sugar Banana muffins that taste better than banana bread are my go-to. These muffins are light and moist with a superb banana flavor and cinnamon-sugar coating on top.
They make the perfect snack on the go when you are out the door to soccer practice or to run an errand. Or enjoy them for breakfast with some extra butter! A soft and buttery muffin spiced with cinnamon, who could turn that down?
The extra step of dipping the muffin tops in butter and then cinnamon and sugar takes these muffins to the next level! You can add in some chocolate chips, walnuts, or pecans to elevate the flavor explosion these Banana Cinnamon Muffins give you in your mouth!
INGREDIENTS AND COST
Per Serving Cost: $0.14
Recipe Cost: $2.91
- 3 ripe bananas – $0.60
- ½ cup honey – $0.66
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil – $0.43
- 2 large eggs – $0.10
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – $0.31
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour – $0.20
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon – $0.20
- 1 teaspoon sea salt – $0.04
- 1 teaspoon baking powder – $0.04
- ½ teaspoon baking soda – $0.01
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter – $0.20
- 6 Tablespoons granulated sugar – $0.12
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
HOW TO MAKE BANANA CINNAMON MUFFINS
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two muffin tins with liners, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, using a stand mixer or a medium bowl with a hand mixer, mix three bananas until well mashed.
- Then, add in the honey, oil, eggs, and vanilla and blend together.
- Whisk together the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and scrape down the sides as needed.
- Next, scoop three tablespoons of batter into the muffin liners. They should be about ⅔ full.
- Bake the muffins for about eighteen minutes and set them on wire racks to cool when finished baking.
- Now make the cinnamon topping by first melting the butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the cinnamon and sugar.
- Once the muffins are cool enough to touch, dip the tops in the melted butter.
- Then dip the muffins into the cinnamon sugar, covering the tops completely.
- Finally, serve and enjoy!
***For complete instructions check out the recipe card below.
You can add chocolate chips or nuts to the batter before scooping the batter into the muffin liners.
SERVE: You can serve these warm (my favorite) or at room temperature. Serve them plain or with my whipped butter.
STORE: You should store your cinnamon banana muffins in an airtight container or resealable bag on the counter for about a week. The flavor will change if you put them in the fridge.
FREEZE: Once the cinnamon banana muffins have reached room temperature you can put them in a tightly sealed bag and freeze for up to 3 months for best freshness.
DEFROST: Defrost at room temperature for 2-3 hours.
- Stand mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- 3-Tablespoon scoop
- Muffin tins
There are a few possible reasons that could be causing your muffins to be dense. First, do not overmix the batter. Overmixing can cause air pockets and heavy muffins after baking. Next, be careful when measuring your ingredients. Too much liquid, baking soda, or powder can lead to heavy and dense muffins.
One easy tip to have lighter and fluffier muffins is to use room-temperature eggs. Room temperature eggs help make a smooth batter that traps air and expands while heating in the oven. This expansion creates those light and fluffy muffins we all love!
Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 325 degrees F. Place the muffins on the rack and bake for 5-6 minutes or until the muffins are lightly toasted and warmed through.
MORE $5 RECIPES
- Queso Fundido con Chorizo
- Cranberry Jello Salad
- Homemade French Onion Dip
- Cinnamon Sugar Smoked Almonds
- Peach Lemonade
- Coconut Cream Pie Cheesecake Dip
- Red Velvet Cookies with White Chocolate Chips
- Crockpot Little Smokies
- Loaded Breakfast Sandwich
- Outback Bread Copycat
Banana Cinnamon Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
PREP OVEN AND MUFFIN TIN:
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two muffin tins with liners and spray with a non-stick spray (you’ll only need to line and grease 20 wells).
MAKE BANANA MUFFIN BATTER:
- In a mixer (or medium bowl) blend 3 ripe bananas until well mashed.
- Add honey, oil, eggs, and vanilla and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda until combined.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients to the mixer, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Scoop 3 tablespoons of batter into your greased muffin cups so they are about ⅔ full.
BAKE AND COOL:
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Place the muffin tins on wire racks until cool enough to touch (about 10 minutes), then make your topping.
MAKE CINNAMON TOPPING:
- In a small microwave safe bowl melt butter and set side.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in another small bowl.
- Once muffins are cool enough to touch, dip the tops into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon sugar and coat fully.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
I absolutely love muffins coated in cinnamon sugar and banana bread so this recipe was a winner! Thanks for sharing.
Made these for breakfast and they went perfectly with my morning cup of coffee! Perfectly sweet, moist and fluffy!
I love muffins and these banana muffins are a winner! Even our toddler will love these!
We loved these banana muffins! They were so moist with the perfect banana flavor, and that cinnamon topping was the perfect finishing touch.
These are super moist and flavorful. The hint of cinnamon is a delicious addition.
My muffin tray is empty… It’s time to get to cooking – this recipe is amazing!