Easter has come and gone, are you sick of carrot cake yet? No? Me either! I love the stuff, and I just can’t get enough of it! In today’s #SpringEats post I’ll share with you my recipe for an Easy Carrot Cake Loaf.
I will never get tired of carrot cake, and I mean never ever! It’s my favorite cake, and definitely one of my favorite flavor combinations (see my other carrot cake recipes at the end of this post!).
This Easy Carrot Cake Loaf recipe is every bit as delicious as a classic carrot cake recipes. The only difference is that this one is so easy to make! Don’t you worry, even though this recipe is a loaf cake there is still plenty of fluffy cream cheese frosting to go around!
Cook’s Note – Easy Carrot Cake Loaf Recipe
- I used an 8×4-inch loaf pan to make this recipe. If you don’t have one, feel free to use a 9×5-inch pan. Just note that the will be shorter and will need less cooking time, about 40-50 minutes.
- Feel free to use purple raisins or even currants in this recipe instead of golden raisins.
- This loaf cake will keep at room temperature for 24 hours, or chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- FOR THE CAKE:
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, melted and cooled
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ pound carrots, peeled and grated on small holes of box grater
- ½ cup golden raisins, roughly chopped
- ½ cup toasted, chopped walnuts or pecans
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened but still cool
- ¾ cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened, cut into 4 pieces
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- FOR THE CAKE: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly spray a 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Whisk butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla together in large mixing bowl. Mix in remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into prepared load pan. Bake until skewer or toothpick inserted comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Cool in loaf pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on wire rack.
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING: With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add cream cheese one piece at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Add vanilla and mix until no lumps remain.
- Frost loaf with a thick and even layer of frosting.
Check out my Carrot Cake Recipes:
Disclosure: This post for Easy Carrot Cake Loaf Recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.