Raise your hand if you LOVE carrot cake! It’s one of my favorite desserts, especially during Spring. Today I’m taking my love of carrot cake and sharing this Carrot Cake Cookie Bar Recipe for my #SpringEats blog series.
This Carrot Cake Cookie Bar recipe is perfect for Spring gatherings, or even Easter! They make a TON, so they’ll feed a crowd. They’re even a great bake sale recipe!
To make this Carrot Cake Cookie Bar recipe, I turned to my favorite Sugar Cookie Bar recipe for inspiration. I made a few tweaks and they came out perfectly!
Cook’s Note – Carrot Cake Cookie Bar Recipe:
- These carrot cake cookie bars are pretty basic, feel free to dress them up with added golden raisins, or roasted pecans. Some decorative sprinkles would be cute, too.
- When making the cookie bars you want your eggs at room temperature. This will help them they into the dough easily so there’s no risk over beating the dough (over beating will make the cookie bars tough).
- I highly suggest this [easyazon_link identifier=”B00F0A6GDU” locale=”US” tag=”foofoland-20″]offset spatula[/easyazon_link] for spreading the cookie dough and frosting.
- I love using this [easyazon_link identifier=”B001QTVT4K” locale=”US” tag=”foofoland-20″]cookie spatula[/easyazon_link] for easy serving.
Carrot Cake Cookie Bar Recipe
- COOKIE BARS:
- 5 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups freshly grated carrots
- Optional Add-Ins:
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 2 8- ounce bricks cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 cup confectioners’ sugar sifted
- 1-3 Tablespoons milk
- FOR THE COOKIE BARS: Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Grease a 13 x 18″ rimmed baking sheet (basically a half-sheet pan) and set aside. Into a large bowl sift together the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon; set aside.
- Combine the butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on medium-high speed until light and smooth, about 2 minutes. Mix in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Mix in the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl and beat on low speed just until incorporated. Fold in the carrots, raisins, and nuts (if using).
- Transfer the cookie dough to the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Bake 12-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely before frosting.
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING: Place the cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the vanilla, salt, and confectioners’ sugar, and beat until smooth; 1-2 minutes. IF NEEDED, add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time and mix until the desired consistency is reached.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled cookie bars. Chill in the refrigerator for at lease 1 hour before slicing and serving.
Check out other #SpringEats Recipes:
Strawberries & Cream Cheese Blintzes
Disclosure: This post for Carrot Cake Cookie Bar Recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.