Carrot Cake Cookie Bars are perfect for Easter, Spring celebrations, and bake sales! This recipe makes a ton, which makes it perfect for sharing!
Raise your hand if you LOVE carrot cake! It’s one of my favorite desserts, especially during Spring. Today I’m taking my love of carrot cake and sharing this Carrot Cake Cookie Bar Recipe.
This recipe is perfect for Spring gatherings or even Easter! They make a TON, so they’ll feed a crowd. They’re even a great bake sale recipe!
To make this Carrot Cake Cookie Bar recipe, I turned to my favorite Sugar Cookie Bar recipe for inspiration. I made a few tweaks, and they came out perfectly!
Cook’s Note – Carrot Cake Cookie Bar Recipe:
- These carrot cake cookie bars are pretty basic. Feel free to dress them up with added golden raisins or roasted pecans. Some decorative sprinkles would be cute, too.
- When making the cookie bars, you want your eggs at room temperature. This will help them mix into the dough easily, so there’s no risk over beating the dough (overbeating will make the cookie bars tough).
- I highly suggest this offset spatula for spreading the cookie dough and frosting.
- I love using this cookie spatula for easy serving.
More Spring Recipes:
- Lemon Cream Pie Float
- How to Make Cannoli Cream
- Lemon Lush from Scratch
- Zesty Lemon Bars with Shortbread Crust
- Toasted Coconut Macadamia Nut Bars
- Strawberries & Cream Cheese Blintzes
- Bunny Bait Snack Mix
- Strawberries & Cream Smoothie
- Cannoli Cupcakes
Carrot Cake Cookie Bar Recipe
- 4 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 ½ cups dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups freshly grated carrots
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 cup confectioners’ sugar sifted
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
PREHEAT OVEN AND PREP PAN:
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
- Grease a 13x18-inch rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
MAKE COOKIE BARS:
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Add the butter and sugars to the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on medium-high speed until light and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Mix in the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl and beat on low speed just until incorporated. Fold in the carrots, raisins, and nuts (if using).
- Transfer the cookie dough to the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
BAKE AND COOL:
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center, comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely before frosting.
MAKE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- Place the cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla, salt, and confectioners’ sugar, and beat until smooth; 1-2 minutes. IF NEEDED, add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time and mix until the desired consistency is reached.
FINISH, CHILL, AND SERVE:
- Spread the frosting over the cooled cookie bars.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Slice into 24 bars and serve.