The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
You’ll love how easy and delicious this Carrot Cake Loaf recipe is. It’s topped with my favorite recipe for fluffy cream cheese frosting!
I used to think I didn’t like carrot cake. And then one day in middle school, my friend made me try a bite, and I quickly realized that I didn’t just like it, I LOVED it! Like really, really loved it.
I love making different types of carrot cake, especially this super easy Carrot Cake Loaf Cake! Same great taste but even easier than making a traditional version of this cake. How great is that?!
The cream cheese frosting is the perfect topping for this flavorful and moist spice cake. I want to eat this cake all day long.
And while I’m at it, can we all just agree to serve this cake all year long instead of only at Easter and Springtime when it is typically served? Who’s with me? I bet you will join my cause after you make this easy loaf cake for yourself!
This recipe is every bit as delicious as the classic. The only difference is that this one cake so easy to make! Don’t you worry, even though this recipe is a loaf cake there is still plenty of fluffy cream cheese frosting to go around!
I will never get tired of carrot cake, and I mean never-ever! It’s my favorite cake, and there’s something about this spice cake with fluffy cream cheese frosting that makes it one of my favorite flavor combinations.
Carrot Cake Week
With Spring in full swing, I thought that it would be epic to dedicate an entire week to one of my favorite desserts, CARROT CAKE! This week you’ll find this recipe plus three other variations of carrot cake!
- I used an 8×4-inch loaf pan to make this recipe. If you don’t have one, feel free to use a 9×5-inch pan. Just note that the will be shorter and will need less cooking time, about 40-50 minutes.
- Feel free to use purple raisins or even currants in this recipe instead of golden raisins.
- This loaf cake will keep at room temperature for 24 hours, or chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you’re looking for some delicious cakes for Spring, then try this Watercolor Roll Cake or Spring Flower Cake.
Easy Carrot Cake Loaf
FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 Tablespoons salted butter melted and cooled
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ pound carrots peeled and grated on small holes of a box grater
- ½ cup golden raisins roughly chopped
- ½ cup toasted chopped pecans or walnuts
FLUFFY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened but still cool
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened, cut into 4 pieces
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup toasted chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
FOR THE CAKE:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly spray an 8X4-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray; set aside. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Whisk together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl until smooth and combined.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients until combined, and no flour pockets remain. Fold in the carrots, raisins, and nuts (if using).
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, about 50-60 minutes. Cool the cake in the loaf pan for 10 minutes. Then, remove the cake and cool it completely on a wire rack.
FOR THE FLUFFY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- Beat the butter and powdered sugar with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the cream cheese and vanilla and mix until no lumps remain and the mixture becomes light and fluffy again, about 2 more minutes.
- Frost the loaf cake with a thick and even layer of frosting, and sprinkle with toasted pecans or walnuts (optional).
This post first appeared on FFF on April 9, 2015. I have since updated the recipe, and some of the original pictures are below!
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
I love this carrot cake!
Mai Tran says
I love any cake that has carrot in it. Thanks for sharing this. I’ll try it out.
David Holder says
Looks delicious and I never get tired of carrot cake!
Lori Webb says
Carrot cake is one of our family favorites. Will have to try
Mine, too. Enjoy! 🙂
Linda (Meal Planning Maven) says
What a great after school snack or breakfast treat!
Michelle Cannon says
I love carrot cake! I’ll pin this to my boards as a must-try recipe.
You’re so sweet, thanks Michelle!
I also used to think I didnt like carrot cake but boy was I wrong! If I’m going to eat cake let it be carrot cake!
I never get tired of carrot cake, and I agree, it should be eaten and made all year long. Looks yummy!
I love how you can make this in a loaf pan. Makes it so easy and I don’t need a special pan that I don’t have. I’m glad you finally discovered the joys of carrot cake. So yummy!
What a great idea to put my favorite cake into a loaf form. I can’t wait to make it.
I hope you enjoy!
Cathy Sinisi says
I’m going to try your loaf cake, but 1 problem, you didn’t write the measure ment , for the vanilla. In the cake mix. Need to know.
Hi Cathy, thanks for catching my mistake. The vanilla has been added to the cake ingredients list.
The BEST Carrot Cake!