This post for Lunch Box Tacos has been compensated by Blog Meets Brand and Wet Ones. All opinions are mine alone.
Before staying home with my kids, I was an elementary school teacher. I used to love eating lunch with my students in the cafeteria. I especially enjoyed seeing their reaction when they opened their lunch box and their mom had packed something special. Either a favorite treat, a note, or their sandwich cut in a special way. I saw time and time again that something as small as a note in the lunch box brightened a kids day. I know it sounds silly, but I’ve been eagerly waiting for my daughter to go to school so I can make her day with a special lunch. I love turning her favorite foods into special lunch creations. She’s a great helper in the kitchen. And she really enjoys coming up with her own “recipe” creations. That’s where these Lunch Box Tacos come in. I knew she would love the idea of making her own tacos at lunchtime.
Schools are breeding grounds for germs. Trust me, I know! That’s why I like to pack two Wet Ones® Antibacterial Hand Wipes in my daughter’s lunch box. One for before she eats, and one for afterwards. I trust Wet Ones® because unlike hand sanitizer, wipes can kill 99.99% of bacteria. They also don’t dry out or irritate skin because they contain aloe and lanolin. I like the individual wipes packets because they’re quick and convenient. With Wet Ones® I have some peace of mind because I know my daughter will have clean hands when she eats these Lunch Box Tacos!
Cook’s Note – Lunch Box Tacos
- I used my daughter’s favorite toppings for these lunch box tacos. Feel free to pack your kiddo’s favorite toppings, too!
- Because of the chicken in this Lunch Box Tacos recipe, make sure you use an ice pack in your kiddo’s lunch.
- 1 8-inch tortilla
- ¼ cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 Tablespoons shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 Tablespoons guacamole
- Use a 3-inch round cookie cutter to cut 4 rounds from the tortilla. Layer each tortilla rounds with chicken, cheese, and guacamole.