This Breakfast Taco Bar is my secret weapon for out-of-town guests. It’s easy to prepare and throw together and everyone always loves it!
I like to put in a little more effort for breakfast when we have overnight guests than just cereal and milk. My go-to breakfast is this Breakfast Taco Bar. Overnight guests love it because they can usually find something they like, and I like it because it’s SUPER easy!
I also like serving this Breakfast Taco Bar when we have folks over for early morning college football games. The options are endless, and regardless of dietary restrictions.
Cook’s Note – Breakfast Taco Bar
- Cook up your favorite fillings for your taco bar. Some delicious additions would be bacon, country ham, hash browns, sour cream, etc.
- I used my favorite refried beans recipe for these breakfast tacos. My Green Chile Pinto Beans would be amazing, too!
- large skillet
- wooden spoon
- mixing bowl
LOVE MEXICAN FOOD AS MUCH AS I DO?
Check out some of my favorite recipes:
- Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Restaurant Style Refried Beans
- New Mexico Style Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Mexican Spinach Dip
- Sweet Corn Tamales Cake
- Green Chile Pinto Beans
- Enchilada sauce
- Carne Asada Street Tacos
- Queso Blanco Dip
Breakfast Taco Bar
- 16 ounces bulk pork breakfast sausage
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 10 flour tortillas 8-inch, warmed
- 1 ½ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups refried beans warmed (homemade or canned)
- 16 ounce jar Pace Chunky Salsa
- 2 large avocados diced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook to sausage. Use the back of a wooden spoon to break the meat apart and crumble while it cooks. Continue until cooked through and browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Move sausage to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Leave all but 2 tablespoons of the sausage grease in the skillet. In a large bowl add the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined. Add the egg mixture to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until scrambled and cooked through.
- Put the sausage, scrambled eggs, cheese, refried beans, salsa, and diced avocado in serving bowls. Serve!
Makes 10 breakfast tacos.