Lunch Box Tacos – Your kids will love these mini tacos. They’re easy to prepare, and they make them themselves!
For more lunch ideas, check out these Healthy Lunch Box Ideas.
Before staying home with my kids, I was an elementary school teacher. I used to love eating lunch with my students in the cafeteria. I especially enjoyed seeing their reaction when they opened their lunch box, and their mom had packed something special. Either a favorite treat, a note, or their sandwich cut in a special way. I saw time and time again that something as small as a note in the lunch box brightened a kid’s day.
I know it sounds silly, but I’ve been eagerly waiting for my daughter to go to school so I can make her day with a special lunch. I love turning her favorite foods into special lunch creations. She’s a great helper in the kitchen. And she really enjoys coming up with her own “recipe” creations. That’s where these Lunch Box Tacos come in. I knew she would love the idea of making her own tacos at lunchtime.
Cook’s Note – Lunch Box Tacos:
- I used my daughter’s favorite toppings for these lunch box tacos. Feel free to pack your kiddo’s favorite toppings, too!
- Because of the chicken in this Lunch Box Tacos recipe, make sure you use an ice pack in your kiddo’s lunch.
Lunch Box Tacos
- 1 8- inch tortilla
- ¼ cup cooked shredded chicken
- 2 Tablespoons shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 Tablespoons guacamole
- Use a 3-inch round cookie cutter to cut 4 rounds from the tortilla. Layer each tortilla rounds with chicken, cheese, and guacamole.