This easy vegetarian broccoli quiche recipe has a creamy smooth custard interior, and it’s filled to the brim with broccoli and sharp white cheddar cheese. This broccoli quiche recipe is for any meal: breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner!
What I love most about quiche is the creamy, savory, custard-like interior. The next best thing is the fact that it’s not fussy. Like at all! You can serve quiche warm, at at room temperature. This means you can make it well in advance if you’re entertaining or if you have a busy week coming up. Plus you can literally eat it for any meal; breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner!
I also love the versatility of quiche. You can make it with all sorts of fillings: bacon, ham, sausage, spinach, broccoli, bell peppers, tomato, basil, and basically any kind of cheese, too! I love the classic combination of broccoli and cheddar, and in a quiche it’s so tasty!
Cook’s Note – Broccoli Quiche Recipe
- This broccoli quiche recipe can be served warm or at room temperature.
- Leftovers can be stored at room temperature for up to 24 hours, or covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- I used Pillsbury 9-inch frozen deep pie crust for this recipe. (I know, I know…I didn’t make my own crust, but honestly frozen crusts taste amazing. Plus it makes this recipe a little easier!)
- I highly recommend using a good-quality sharp white cheddar for this recipe like Kerrygold.
Cook’s Tools – Broccoli Quiche Recipe
- baking sheet
- 10-inch skillet
- medium mixing bowl
- wire rack
- pie storage container (this is my all-time favorite storage container for all kinds of pies, quiche, and even cookies!)
- 1 9-inch frozen deep pie crust in aluminum tin
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 6 oz. sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place oven rack in middle position, place cookie sheet on oven rack and preheat to 375 degrees F. Take pie crust out of freezer and let stand 10 minutes, then prick crust 25 times with fork. Place pie crust on the preheated cookie sheet in the oven, and bake for 9-11 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- While pie crust bakes, heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and edges begin to brown, about 6-8 minutes. Add onions, broccoli florets, and cheese to bottom of pre-baked pie crust.
- In medium bowl whisk together eggs, yolks, half and half, salt and pepper until combined. Pour mixture over pie crust. Bake quiche on top of cookie sheet 35-40 minute or until quiche is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Move quiche to wire rack and let cool 15 minutes before serving.
If you love the combination of broccoli and cheddar then you need to check out my Loaded Broccoli Cheese Fries!