The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Serve leftover quiche in no time with oven, toaster oven, and microwave instructions in this How to Reheat Quiche Tutorial.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
If you’ve been following my recipes for a while now, you know how much I love a good quiche! If you are new here (Yay! Hi!), you will quickly come to learn that I LOVE quiche. I love a lot of different foods but there is just something about eggs baked to perfection, with a variety of add-ins, on top of a flaky crust that makes my knees go weak and my heart skip an extra beat. Ok, maybe that is a little much, but you know what I mean.
I cannot get enough of a quality tasting quiche. I love all the different flavor combinations you can create with a quiche. It’s almost like you are never making the same thing twice with the same basic concept. Some of my favorite recipes include:
How to Reheat Quiche:
Just like there are different options for making a quiche, there are also different options for reheating a quiche as well. However, there tend to be two top choices for the best way to reheat a quiche. The 3 most popular (and easiest) methods are:
- Toaster Oven
- Microwave Oven
How to Reheat Quiche in the Oven
I think that this is the best option, especially when reheating a quiche that has bacon in it. This method will take about 15-20 minutes when the quiche is at room temperature, and 20-25 minutes when it comes right from the refrigerator.
Complete Oven Reheating instructions:
- First, place the quiche on a foil-lined baking sheet, move the oven rack to the middle position, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Allow the quiche to sit at room temperature while the oven preheats.
- If some of the pie crust is already golden brown and on its way to burning, then cover the edges of the pie crust with strips of foil or a pie shield.
- Next, pop the quiche into the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- If you forgot to pull your quiche out of the refrigerator, then add an additional 5 minutes to the reheating time.
- If your quiche is frozen, then add 20 minutes to the reheating time.
How to Reheat Quiche in a Toaster Oven:
What if you are just wanting to reheat one or two pieces of quiche? If you have a toaster oven, this is a great option! If you do not have one, you should put this one on your wishlist. It is a very handy kitchen tool. You can get the crispy edges on a couple of pieces without heating up your entire oven.
Complete Toaster Oven Reheating instructions:
- First, set the temperature to 375 degrees F.
- If some of the pie crust is already golden brown and on its way to burning, then cover the edges of the pie crust with strips of foil.
- Finally, pop the quiche into the oven for 15-45 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. The cooking times vary wildy, because each toaster oven is different. I would start checking the quiche after 15 minutes.
How to Reheat Quiche in the Microwave:
If you are short on time you can reheat a quiche in the microwave. It does not do as great of a job as an oven, because it won’t give you the same crispy texture that the oven will. BUT if you’re short on time you can still eat leftover quiche, and is that really ever a bad thing? I think not.
Complete Mocrowave Reheating instructions:
- First, set the cooking power to 50%.
- Then, place the quiche in the microwave (if it was in a metal tin, then transfer it to a microwave-safe dish).
- Cook it for three minutes. If it is not done at this point, cook it in 30 second increments to ensure you do not overcook it.
Reheating Quiche Questions Answered:
his procedure is called “blind baking” but you do not have to be blindfolded to do it! Just bake the crust before you add the filling to the crust, so it does not become soggy while it is baking after you add the filling to the crust.
Basically, quiche has a crust with a creamy filling. Whereas, a frittata has no crust with a little cream.
You can reheat in a 350°F oven for about 25 minutes, or until heated through. Alternatively, heat a slice in the microwave at 50% power for 3 minutes.