Sheet pan recipes are quick, easy, and all the rage. This Sheet Pan Stir-Fried Chicken Teriyaki with Pineapple is so flavorful, and just the thing for busy weeknights!
Disclosure: This Sheet Pan Stir-Fried Chicken Teriyaki with Pineapple recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy an item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
Sheet pan recipes are super popular right now, and I can se why. They are super easy to whip together, and they pack a lot of flavor. This Sheet Pan Stir-Fried Chicken Teriyaki recipe is packed with chicken, shiitake mushrooms, bamboo shoots, bell pepper, pineapple, ginger, and garlic. While all the chicken, veggies, and pineal roast in the oven, you cook the teriyaki sauce in the microwave. That way everything is done at the same time, and dinner is served in just 30 minutes or less (depending on how fast your knife skills are).
Cook’s Note – Sheet Pan Stir-Fried Chicken Teriyaki with Pineapple:
- If you want dinner prep to be even faster, then you can mix up the teriyaki sauce the night before. Just make sure you store it covered in the refrigerator. Give it a good whisk before cooking it in the microwave.
- The chicken, vegetable, and pineapple mixture can be mixed up the night before. Just store it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it.
- Leftover can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Cook’s Tools – Sheet Pan Stir-Fried Chicken Teriyaki with Pineapple:
ONE YEAR AGO: Breakfast Taco Bar
TWO YEARS AGO: Pasta Primavera
THREE YEARS AGO: Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes
- FOR THE STIR-FRY:
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 ounces shiitake mushrooms, wiped clean, stemmed, and quartered
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced into ½-inch pieces
- 1 medium pineapple, trimmed, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic cloves, divided
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger, divided
- salt and ground black pepper
- FOR THE TERIYAKI SAUCE:
- ½ cup mirin
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 6 Tablespoons water
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8-ounce can sliced bamboo shoots, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- FOR SERVING:
- Prepared white rice
- 3 green onions (scallions), sliced thin
- FOR THE STIR-FRY: Move oven rack to lowest position, place large rimmed baking sheet on oven rack, and preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl toss chicken, mushrooms, bell peppers, pineapple, oil, 2 teaspoons of the garlic, and 1 ½ teaspoons of the ginger together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Work quickly to spread chicken mixture in an even layer on hot baking sheet. Roast until chicken is just cooked through, and vegetables and pineapple begin to brown, about 10-12 minutes, stirring halfway through roasting.
- FOR THE TERIYAKI SAUCE: Meanwhile, in large microwave-safe bowl whisk together mirin, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, cornstarch, red pepper flakes, remaining 1 teaspoons garlic, and 1 ½ teaspoons ginger. Microwave sauce on high power, whisking occasionally, until sauce has thickened, 4-5 minutes. Stir bamboo shoots into hot teriyaki sauce, and cover to keep warm until needed.
- Transfer roasted chicken, vegetables, and pineapple to bowl of teriyaki sauce and toss to combine. Serve over white rice, sprinkle with green onion, and serve.