THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
These Healthy Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowls are not only easy to make but so satisfying and good for you!
This post for Healthy Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowls was sponsored by S&W Beans as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I LOVE huevos rancheros, and I mean L*O*V*E. Anytime I see it on a menu, I get tunnel vision. It’s suddenly the only option I see and I have to order it! While I love huevos rancheros, it’s not exactly the healthiest option. And that’s where my Healthy Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowls recipe comes in! These breakfast bowls have a lot of the same flavors as the classic dish, but without all the guilt. The colors are so vibrant, and I love making these while entertaining for breakfast or brunch. Plus they’re so easy to make, let me show you how!
How to Make Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowls:
- In a bowl combine beans, salsa, cilantro, and cumin.
- Place corn tortillas into greased ramekins.
- Fill tortillas with the black beans mixture, and an egg.
- Cook until egg white are set, and yolks have hardened slightly. Garnish with toppings, and serve!
The star of these huevos rancheros breakfast bowls are definitely the beans! I used S&W 50% Less Sodium Black Beans for this recipe because S&W Beans have the highest standards in the industry. They don’t just look great, but they taste great, too! Frankly, no one does beans better. They have a ton of varieties: red kidney beans, garbanzo beans, black beans, pinto beans, white, beans, and more varieties like less sodium and organic beans, too!
If I want to make authentic huevos rancheros, I would have to spend hours in the kitchen cooking my beans. Thankfully S&W Beans are so convenient and such a time-saver that I don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen making this dish. S&W Beans offer a wide variety of ways to use beans, some even out of the ordinary.
Cook’s Note – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowls:
- This huevos rancheros recipe will serve 8 if you’re serving it with a side like fresh fruit salad. If you’re serving it alone, then it will serve 4.
- These breakfast bowls are best eaten right away because they do not keep very well in the refrigerator.
Check out my other recipe using S&W Beans: Slow Cooker Taco Soup
ONE YEAR AGO: Easy Broccoli Quiche
TWO YEARS AGO: Coconut Cream Pie Cheesecake Dip
THREE YEARS AGO: Best Pound Cake Recipe
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil divided
- 8 corn tortillas 6-inches in diameter
- 15- ounce can S&W 50% Less Sodium Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 ¼ cups jarred salsa
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro + more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 large eggs
- 1 medium tomato diced
- ¼ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1 lime cut into 8 wedges
- Move oven rack to middle position, and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl combine drained beans, salsa, cilantro, and cumin; set aside.
- Brush 8 10-ounce ramekins with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and place on baking sheet. Warm tortillas in microwave until flexible, about 20 seconds, and then press 1 tortilla into each ramekin to form a bowl. Brush tortillas with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Evenly divide black bean mixture among tortilla bowls, and crack 1 egg into each tortilla bowl. Bake until egg whites are set, and egg yolks are firm to the touch, about 25-28 minutes.
- Garnish with diced tomatoes, crumbled cotija cheese, cilantro, and avocado. Serve immediately with lime slices.