These Healthy Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowls are not only easy to make but so satisfying and good for you!
This post for Healthy Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowls was sponsored by S&W Beans as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I LOVE huevos rancheros, and I mean L*O*V*E. Anytime I see it on a menu, I get tunnel vision. It’s suddenly the only option I see and I have to order it! While I love huevos rancheros, it’s not exactly the healthiest option. And that’s where my Healthy Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowls recipe comes in! These breakfast bowls have a lot of the same flavors as the classic dish, but without all the guilt. The colors are so vibrant, and I love making these while entertaining for breakfast or brunch. Plus they’re so easy to make, let me show you how!
How to Make Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowls:
- In a bowl combine beans, salsa, cilantro, and cumin.
- Place corn tortillas into greased ramekins.
- Fill tortillas with the black beans mixture, and an egg.
- Cook until egg white are set, and yolks have hardened slightly. Garnish with toppings, and serve!
The star of these huevos rancheros breakfast bowls are definitely the beans! I used S&W 50% Less Sodium Black Beans for this recipe because S&W Beans have the highest standards in the industry. They don’t just look great, but they taste great, too! Frankly, no one does beans better. They have a ton of varieties: red kidney beans, garbanzo beans, black beans, pinto beans, white, beans, and more varieties like less sodium and organic beans, too!
If I want to make authentic huevos rancheros, I would have to spend hours in the kitchen cooking my beans. Thankfully S&W Beans are so convenient and such a time-saver that I don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen making this dish. S&W Beans offer a wide variety of ways to use beans, some even out of the ordinary.
Cook’s Note – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowls:
- This huevos rancheros recipe will serve 8 if you’re serving it with a side like fresh fruit salad. If you’re serving it alone, then it will serve 4.
- These breakfast bowls are best eaten right away because they do not keep very well in the refrigerator.
Check out my other recipe using S&W Beans: Slow Cooker Taco Soup
ONE YEAR AGO: Easy Broccoli Quiche
TWO YEARS AGO: Coconut Cream Pie Cheesecake Dip
THREE YEARS AGO: Best Pound Cake Recipe
Healthy Huevos Rancheros Breakfast BowlsPrint Pin Rate
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil divided
- 8 corn tortillas 6-inches in diameter
- 15- ounce can S&W 50% Less Sodium Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 ¼ cups jarred salsa
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro + more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 large eggs
- 1 medium tomato diced
- ¼ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1 lime cut into 8 wedges
- Move oven rack to middle position, and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl combine drained beans, salsa, cilantro, and cumin; set aside.
- Brush 8 10-ounce ramekins with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and place on baking sheet. Warm tortillas in microwave until flexible, about 20 seconds, and then press 1 tortilla into each ramekin to form a bowl. Brush tortillas with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Evenly divide black bean mixture among tortilla bowls, and crack 1 egg into each tortilla bowl. Bake until egg whites are set, and egg yolks are firm to the touch, about 25-28 minutes.
- Garnish with diced tomatoes, crumbled cotija cheese, cilantro, and avocado. Serve immediately with lime slices.