This post for Aloha Salsa is sponsored by Clorox Green Works Pump ‘N Clean. Thank you for supporting brands that make Food, Folks and Fun possible.
Has something ever bugged you for a super long time? Ya, met too. I’ve always hated how my knife and cutting board keep lingering smells after cutting onions and garlic. Especially when I’m in the middle of prepping a recipe and I need to use my knife to prep my next ingredient. Sure I could switch knives, but I use my chef’s knife for 99% of my cutting needs and I’m a little bit attached. Today I’m sharing something with you that changes all of that. It’s called Clorox Green Works Pump ‘N Clean.
It’s quick & easy to use and completely food safe. It’s made with plant & mineral based cleaning ingredients. This means I can easily clean my knife in between ingredients like onions and garlic. I like to keep it by my sink for easy use. I also grab it and keep it next to the cutting board while chopping veggies and fruit for a recipe like this one for Aloha Salsa. Just note that this product should not be used with raw fish or meat.
How to Make Aloha Salsa:
- Gather all of the ingredients for this Aloha Salsa recipe. Don’t forget the Clorox Green Works Pump ‘N Clean!
- Dice the onion, garlic, and jalapeno and place them into a medium bowl.
- Pump a little of the Clorox Green Works Pump ‘N Clean onto a towel.
- Wipe both sides of the knife with the towel. This will get the strong onion and garlic odors and jalapeno juice off of the knife.
- Chop the mangoes and pineapple. Add it to the bowl.
- Add the chopped cilantro, shaved coconut, lime zest, lime juice, grated ginger, and honey to the bowl.
- Give everything a quick stir, cover, and chill for at least an hour.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Cook’s Note – Aloha Salsa
- I used shaved coconut in this recipe. Sometimes it’s called coconut chips and you can find it at your local health food store. You can use unsweetened shredded coconut if you can’t find shaved coconut.
- If you can’t find a Maui onion, a sweet yellow onion can be substituted.
Aloha Salsa + Clorox Green Works Pump 'N Clean
- 1 large Maui onion diced
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 large jalapeno white membrane removed and minced
- 2 large mangoes diced
- 3 cups fresh pineapple diced (about half of a large pineapple)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro minced
- ½ cup shaved coconut
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1 Tablespoon ginger freshly grated
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- In a medium bowl, add all of the ingredients. Give the mixture a quick stir. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Now you know my secret for quickly keeping my kitchen utensils cleaning during meal prep. I’d love to hear about your cleaning tips and favorite summer recipes!