If you love spinach dip and Mexican food then you’ll LOVE my Mexican Spinach Dip recipe! It’s a tasty party, holiday, tailgating, and anytime recipe!
It’s January and that means it’s crunch time for football playoffs! At my house, this means I need to whip up some seriously tasty game day eats like this Mexican Spinach Dip! This is a fabulous Super Bowl dip recipe because it combines 2 things people love: Mexican food and spinach dip!
What I love most about this recipe is that you can make it ahead of time and then just heat it up during pregame! This is what I like to call entertaining done easy! Plus all you need are a few pantry and freezer ingredients.
Cook’s Note – Mexican Spinach Dip:
- To make this dip ahead of time: prepare the dip all the way up to baking. Cover with foil and refrigerate up to 24 hours. You’ll need to add about 5 additional minutes to the cooking time to compensate for the dip going into the oven while it’s chilled.
- Please use high-quality aged cheddar cheese for this recipe. My favorite brand is Kerrygold and it’s readily available in grocery stores. In my opinion, it’s worth the splurge because the flavor is sharp, creamy, and amazing!
Disclosure: This post for Mexican Spinach Dip recipe includes affiliate links.
Cook’s Tools – Mexican Spinach Dip:
ONE YEAR AGO: Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
TWO YEARS AGO: Slow Cooker Beef Stew
THREE YEARS AGO: Southwest Quinoa Stew
Mexican Spinach Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 large jalapeño seeded and chopped fine
- 2 10-ounce cans Ro-Tel tomatoes drained
- 1 small onion chopped fine
- 1 10-ounce box frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Move oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese, sour cream, and jalapeño.
- Fold in tomatoes.
- Fold in the onion and spinach.
- Add in the cheddar.
- Next, fold in the salt, chili powder, and cumin and mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are bubbling and the dip is golden brown. Serve with tortilla chips or french bread rounds.
Check out other Party Recipes:
- Chicken and Waffle Sliders
- Taco Salad Mini Bites
- Loaded Greek Fries
- Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- Loaded Broccoli and Cheese Fries
- Swedish Cocktail Meatballs
- Dr Pepper Hot Wings
- Aloha Salsa
- Best-Ever Guacamole Recipe!
- Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes Recipe
- Yogurt Curry Dip
- 7 Layer Greek Dip
- Baked Pimento Cheese Dip – Southwest Style
This Mexican Spinach Dip recipe first appeared on FFF on January 6, 2016, I’ve since updated the pictures and some of the originals are below.
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- Beef Negimaki – Japanese Rolled Steak and Scallions - January 20, 2020
- Three Cheese Calzones - January 17, 2020
- Crock-Pot Chicken Gyro Bowls - January 15, 2020