If you love spinach dip and Mexican food then you’ll LOVE my Mexican Spinach Dip recipe! It’s a tasty Super Bowl recipe!
It’s January and that means it’s crunch time for football playoffs! At my house this means I need to whip up some seriously tasty game day eats like this Mexican Spinach Dip! This is a fabulous Super Bowl dip recipe because it combines 2 things people love: Mexican food and spinach dip!
What I love most about this recipe is that you can make it ahead of time and then just heat it up during pregame! This is what I like to call entertaining done easy!
Cook’s Note – Mexican Spinach Dip
- To make this dip ahead of time: prepare the dip all the way up to baking. Cover with foil and refrigerate up to 24 hours. You’ll need to add about 5 additional minute to the cooking time to compensate for the dip going into the oven while it’s chilled.
- Please use a high-quality aged cheddar cheese for this recipe. My favorite brand is Kerrygold. Here in California it’s readily available in grocery stores. In my opinion it;s worth the splurge because the flavor is sharp, creamy, and amazing!
- For this recipe you can use an 8 or 9-inch square baking dish. This one is my favorite, plus it’s pretty, too!
Mexican Spinach Dip
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 large jalapeño chile seeded and chopped fine
- 2 10-ounce cans Ro-Tel tomatoes, drained
- 1 small onion chopped fine
- 1 10-ounce box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Move oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese, sour cream, and jalapeño. Fold in tomatoes, onion, spinach, cheddar, salt, chili powder, and cumin. Mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. and bake 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are bubbling and tip is golden brown. Serve with tortilla chips or french bread rounds.
Check out other Super Bowl Recipes:
Disclosure: This post for Mexican Spinach Dip recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.