Cook’s Note – Asian Coleslaw in Wonton Cups:
- To make this recipe ahead of time, make the wonton cups and keep them in an airtight storage container (like this one). Make the dressing and keep it covered in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to serve, simply mix the Thai Peanut Dressing with the slaw, spoon it into the wonton cups, and serve!
- This Asian Coleslaw goes great with my Chicken in Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce.
Cook’s Tools – Asian Coleslaw in Wonton Cups:
Asian Coleslaw with Thai Peanut Dressing in Wonton Cups
- WONTON CUPS:
- 18 wonton wraps
- nonstick cooking spray
- THAI-PEANUT DRESSING:
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large lime juiced
- ASIAN SLAW:
- 1 12 oz. package rainbow slaw
- 3 green onions green parts only, sliced thin
- ⅓ Cup dry roasted peanuts chopped
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- MAKE WONTON CUPS: Move oven rack to middle position, and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Turn two (12-cup) muffin tins over and lightly spray cup bottoms with cooking spray. Spray one side of wonton with cooking spray and drape lightly (sprayed side down) over each muffin cup, molding it gently around cup to shape it. Lightly spray wonton cups again with cooking spray and place pans in oven. Bake for 5-6 minutes or until edges of wontons are brown. Remove and cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before removing cups from pan.
- MAKE THAI-PEANUT DRESSING: Meanwhile, in small microwave-safe bowl combine peanut butter, sugar, water, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder and crushed red pepper flakes. Microwave on high for one minute, and then whisk until smooth. Add lime juice and stir again; set aside to cool slightly.
- MAKE SLAW: Place slaw mix into medium bowl and toss with Thai Peanut Dressing until evenly coated (You may or may not need all of the slaw and/or all of the dressing depending on how “dressed” you like your salads.
- ASSEMBLE: Fill wonton cups with salad mixture, and top with green onions, peanuts and sesame seeds.
Makes 18 Asian Slaw Wonton Cups