The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This delicious Garden Salad With Beans recipe is the perfect lunch or side dish for any meal! It’s flavorful and packed with protein, keeping you full and satisfied.
This recipe serves eight people and costs approximately $7.32 to make. That’s just $0.92 per serving.
We love easy and yummy foods that don’t break the bank but are not light on texture and flavor! Try our Thanksgiving Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette or Cobb Salad if you want similar recipes to the Garden Salad.
Indulge in the refreshing flavors of this delightful garden salad with beans recipe. Combining kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and black beans creates a protein-packed foundation that will satisfy and nourish you.
The beans provide a hearty texture and a variety of flavors, perfectly complemented by the crispness of sliced green onions and the freshness of chopped parsley. Adding diced seedless cucumber, creamy avocado, and juicy grape tomatoes adds vibrant colors and a delightful crunch to each bite.
Tossed in a tangy Asian Ginger Dressing, this salad is elevated to new heights. The baby spinach and shredded carrots add a nutritious boost, while a drizzle of lime juice and a dash of salt and pepper brings a zingy and well-balanced taste.
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.92
Recipe Cost: $7.32
- 15.5 oz canned Kidney Beans – $0.58
- 15.5 oz canned Garbanzo Beans – $0.86
- 15.5 oz canned Black Beans – $0.78
- ¼ cup sliced green onions – $0.16
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley – $0.12
- 1 cup diced seedless cucumber – $0.48
- 1 avocado – $1.15
- 1 cup grape tomatoes – $1.44
- ½ cup Asian Ginger Dressing – $1.10
- 1 cup Baby Spinach – $0.21
- ½ cup shredded carrots – $0.20
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice – $0.03
- ½ teaspoon salt – $0.01
- ½ teaspoon pepper – $0.20
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. The actual cost will vary depending on what ingredients you already have. I updated the pricing for this recipe in June 2023.
How To Make A Garden Salad
- First, drain and rinse your canned beans and chop your veggies.
- Nest, add all of the ingredients to a large bowl.
- Finally, add your dressing and lightly toss to coat.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- Feel free to mix and match the types of beans that you use for different flavors. Sometimes I like to use pinto beans instead of black beans!
- Any brand of Asian ginger dressing will work. Alternatively, you can use any dressing you like: Ranch, Italian, Balsamic, etc.
- Baby spinach is so good for you, but you can also use a spring mix tossed with the spinach.
- Switch it up and use cherry or vine-ripe tomatoes instead of grape tomatoes.
Serving and Storage Tips
SERVE. Serve this garden bean salad immediately upon making it. I do not recommend prior refrigeration with the dressing as it can make the spinach limp.
STORE. If you would like to prepare this salad ahead of time, cut up all of your veggies, rinse the beans, and store them in an airtight container. Add dressing and avocado right before serving.
I love the Asian Ginger dressing from Aldi, but you can use a different kind. Italian or balsamic dressings are great alternatives.
Always! Chopped red onion, bell pepper, radishes, and snap peas add a little crunch and flavor to this mixed garden salad recipe.
Ranch dressing is very popular and can turn this garden bean salad into something new! You can use store-bought or homemade.
More Delicious Salad Recipes
- Italian Salad with Italian Dressing
- Barbecue Chicken Entree Salad
- Simple Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad
- Panzanella Salad
- Spinach Salad
- Cold Italian Pasta Salad
Garden Salad With Beans
- 15.5 oz canned Kidney Beans drained and rinsed
- 15.5 oz canned Garbanzo Beans drained and rinsed
- 15.5 oz canned Black Beans drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup diced seedless cucumber
- 1 avocado pitted and diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- ½ cup Asian Ginger Dressing
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Add all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss until the sald is coated in the dressing. Serve.