Disclosure: This post for S’mores Snack Mix is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.
This summer is the summer of s’mores at my house! We can’t get enough of them! We’ve made the traditional s’mores, s’more cookies, and s’more pizza! All of them are delicious, but not exactly portable. I came up with this easy S’mores Snack Mix to satisfy my kid’s s’more cravings while hitting the beach, visiting the zoo, or just out and about running errands.
This snack mix is incredibly easy to make, plus you need only 3 ingredients!
- HORIZON Honey Snack Grahams
- Mini Marshmallows
- Milk Chocolate Chips
The other morning I told my 5-year-old that she was going to make our snack for the zoo all by herself. Her eyes instantly grew wide and she was beyond excited! She’s definitely a confident little cook in the making!
After she made the S’mores Snack Mix she helped me put it into little containers to take with us on a trip to the zoo. During the car ride she told her little brother how to make her version of a mini s’more using the snack mix. Then her imagination just ran from there: “Mom, I bet if we add the snack mix to a pan and put in in the oven for a little while it will get super melty. Then we can eat s’mores with a spoon and not get messy!” I have to say her idea is pretty genius. We’ll be trying it soon! 😉
Horizon snacks are delicious, and my kids love them all. I can always count on them to be a win with my kids. They have so many great tasty varieties.
Cook’s Note – S’more Snack Mix
- If you’re going to be out in hot, hot weather I suggest using semisweet chocolate chips instead of the milk chocolate chips. Semisweet chips have a higher melting point than milk chocolate chips do. (Just don’t leave the snack mix in a hot car. You’ll have a big ol’ mess if you do!)
- This snack mix will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for about 1 week.
S'mores Snack Mix
- 1 7.5 ounce box HORIZON Honey Snack Grahams
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl add all of the ingredients. Toss or mix to combine. Serve!
This conversation is sponsored by Horizon. The opinions and text are all mine.
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies– Better than Lofthouse! - October 16, 2019
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew - October 12, 2019
- New York-Style Thin Crust Pizza - October 9, 2019