Pumpkin Spice Kettle Corn is made in the microwave, so it’s quick and easy to make. It’s the perfect treat for Fall.
Today I have a super quick & easy fall snack recipe for you today. Pumpkin Pie Spiced Kettle Corn that you make in the microwave! I LOVE kettle corn and I have a hard time passing it up at fairs and special events when it’s for sale. It’s a bit expensive though, but not this version! I estimate that 6 cups of this popcorn costs about 40 cents to make, super score!
There’s just something about the sweet, salty, and crunchy combo that I can’t resist. Now make it super easy by using the microwave, and a light touch of pumpkin pie spice to the mix and this is truly kettle corn done the right way!
You will need some specialty equipment to male this kettle corn:
- A microwave (of course).
- A glass microwave-safe lidded dish like the one I used. It needs to hold at least 2 quarts in volume.
- All microwaves are different so you really need to babysit your first batch while it’s in the microwave. That is until you know what theoptimal time is for popping the kettle corn in your microwave.
- To do this I suggest you set the cook time to 6 minutes and stand in front of the microwave until you hear no more than 5 seconds in between pops. Once this happens, the kettle corn is done!
- You really don’t want to over cook this kettle corn because the sugar will scorch while in the microwave.
- Remember to use oven mits when retrieving the baking dish from the microwave, it’ll be wicked hot!
Pumpkin Pie Spice Kettle Corn
- ¼ Cup popcorn seeds I used JollyTime yellow popcorn seeds
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ½ Tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ Tablespoons butter melted
- Place the popcorn kernels, vegetable oil, sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in your lidded glass microwave-safe 2 quart baking dish (see the post above for my recommendation). Stir until the popcorn kernels are coated with the other ingredients.
- Spread kernels into an even layer, and place the lid on top. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until there is no more than 5 seconds between popping.
- Using oven mits, remove the baking dish from the microwave and pour the popcorn out onto a piece of parchment or wax paper. Drizzle with the melted butter and allow to cool and harden, about 3-5 minutes. Enjoy!