These Pecan Pie Bars are so easy to make and believe it or not BETTER than pecan pie! They’re rich, silky, and the shortbread crust is the stuff your buttery dreams are made of!
Better than pecan pie bars? Yup, these bars are better than pecan pie. Why? because they’re simple to make, have rich, buttery shortbread as their crust, and they’re a smaller portion than pecan pie. That way you can sample other desserts at your holiday feast without going into a sugar coma. 🙂 See, I’ve got your back.
These Pecan Pie Bars are perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas. You can serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or plain (that’s how I refer them!).
Cook’s Note – Pecan Pie Bars:
- These pecan pie squares can be made up to 3 days in advance, just be sure to store them in an air-tight container at room temperature.
Cook’s Tools – Pecan Pie Bars:
ONE YEAR AGO: Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
TWO YEARS AGO: Baked Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
THREE YEARS AGO: Pull Apart Potato Rolls
Pecan Pie Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter cut into 16 pieces
PECAN PIE FILLING:
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecans roughly chopped
MAKE SHORTBREAD CRUST:
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on all sides. Spray the foil lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour and powdered sugar. Using a pastry cutter, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. While still in the bowl, knead the dough until smooth, about 10 times. Pat the dough evenly into your prepared baking pan and prick with a fork 25-30 times.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until light brown in color. Move to a wire rack.
MAKE PECAN PIE FILLING:
- While the shortbread crust is baking prepare the filling. In a medium bowl add the eggs and sugar and beat until combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the corn syrup, butter, vanilla, and salt and beat until combined, about 1 minute.
- Fold the pecans into the butter and corn syrup mixture.
- Pour the filling over the crust and bake until the topping is golden brown and set about 25-35 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 2 hours and then cut into 16 squares.
Looking for another shortbread bars recipe? Check out my Caramel Cashew Shortbread Bars!
These Pecan Pie Bars first appeared on FFF on November 27, 2013. I’ve updated the pictures in this post, you can see the original photo below.
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies– Better than Lofthouse! - October 16, 2019
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew - October 12, 2019
- New York-Style Thin Crust Pizza - October 9, 2019