These Waldorf Chicken Salad Wraps are creamy, delicious, and easy to make. These wraps are a lunch favorite to be enjoyed year-round.
This recipe costs about $12.47 to make. It serves six for a total of approximately $2.07 per serving.
For another delicious wrap recipe, recipe try my Avocado Strawberry Spinach Wraps.
Waldorf Chicken Salad Wraps
Today I want to share a recipe with you that is not just a healthier version of the original, but more nutritious, too. Oh, and it’s wicked easy to make! I present to you Waldorf Chicken Salad Wraps.
These wraps are high in protein, yet light and refreshing for lunch or dinner. The sweet and savory combo in every bite is delicious.
I love making this during the hot summer months when I do not feel like cooking or heating up the kitchen. These wraps are great for meal prep for a quick, simple, and healthy lunch throughout the week.
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $2.07
Recipe Cost: $12.47
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt – $0.73
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise – $0.08
- 2 Tablespoons honey – $0.34
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice – $0.04
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard – $0.02
- 2 ½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken – $2.83
- 2 large Gala apples – $1.46
- 1 cup green grapes – $1.12
- 1 cup red grapes – $1.00
- 2 celery stalks – $0.36
- ½ cup toasted walnuts – $0.78
- 1 ½ cups romaine lettuce – $0.37
- 6 large wraps – $3.34
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
How To Make Waldorf Chicken Salad Wraps
- First, using a large mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayo, honey, lemon juice, and mustard.
- Next, stir in the chicken, apples, grapes, celery, and walnuts into the mixing bowl with the dressing.
- Then, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, place ¼ cup of lettuce leaves on top of a wrap and place the chicken salad mixture in the middle of the wrap.
- Fold the wrap like a burrito.
- Slice the wrap in half before serving. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Instead of putting the chicken salad in wraps, you can put it in pitas, on croissants, or on a bed of lettuce.
- Instead of shredded chicken, you can use shredded turkey in this recipe. Or, you can leave the chicken out all together and just double the apple and grapes.
SERVE: As with most recipes containing meat and dairy products, I do not recommend leaving the Waldorf chicken salad out for longer than 2 hours.
STORE: The chicken salad filling can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
FREEZE: Because of the chicken fillings dairy products, I do not recommend freezing the filling.
- mixing bowl
- rubber scraper
- measuring cups and spoons
- cutting board
- Chef’s knife
My Waldorf salad dressing is made with Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard. Simple ingredients for a delicious dressing.
The salad was first created by a chef at the Waldorf-Astoria hotel in New York in the late 1890s. It gained popularity and has stuck around! Basically, it is a salad made with apples, grapes, nuts, celery, and a dressing. My recipe takes this classic recipe and adds a twist with less mayonnaise and making the salad into a handheld sandwich.
More Chicken Recipes
- Old Fashioned Chicken and Noodles
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Cranberry Chicken Salad with Pecans for Sandwiches
- Stovetop Chicken Souvlaki Recipe
- Grilled BBQ Chicken
- Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup
- One-Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Pantry Chicken Taco Soup
Waldorf Chicken Salad Wraps
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 ½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 large Gala apples
- 1 cup green grapes halved
- 1 cup red grapes halved
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- ½ cup toasted and chopped walnuts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
FOR THE WRAPS:
- 1 ½ cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 6 large wraps
MAKE CREAMY DRESSING:
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, lemon juice, and mustard.
- Add chicken, apples, grapes, celery, and walnuts to the mixing bowl with the dressing. Stir until the salad is evenly coated with the creamy dressing.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the wraps or cover and chill the chicken salad mixture until you’re ready to assemble the wraps.
- Arrange ¼ cup of lettuce leaves on top of a wrap.
- Place the chicken salad mixture in the middle of the wrap.
- Fold the wrap like a burrito and slice it in half with a sharp knife on the diagonal. Serve immediately.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately.