These Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies are big, chewy, and full of peanut butter goodness. They’re loaded with Reese’s Pieces and Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups.
Cook’s Note – Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies:
- This peanut butter cookies recipe makes about 25 large cookies. To make cookie dough scooping a little easier, I used my favorite scoop. The dough comes out perfectly portioned and the cookies are uniform in size.
- If you’re going to make the full recipe, make sure you use a HUGE bowl! This recipe makes about 8 pounds of dough so it won’t fit in your typical large mixing bowl! It barely fits the mixing bowl of my stand mixer.
- This peanut butter cookies recipe can easily be cut in half.
- These Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies will keep, in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- To freeze cookie dough I recommend scooping dough onto a cookie sheet and freezing for 1 hour. Place cookie dough in a Ziploc bag until ready to bake. *Note: you’ll have to add a couple of minutes to the baking time when dough is frozen.
- Frozen dough will keep for about 6 months in the freezer.
Cook’s Tools & Ingredients – Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe:
ONE YEAR AGO: Poppy Seed Pasta Salad
TWO YEARS AGO: Goat Cheese Tomato Tart
THREE YEARS AGO: Pinto Beans
Loaded Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening, at room temp
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Reese's Pieces
- 3/4 cup mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Move oven racks to middle and lower middle positions, and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and then set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat together the the peanut butter, butter, shortening, honey, and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture and beat on low speed until fully incorporated. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the Reese's Pieces and mini peanut butter cups.
- Using a 4-tablespoon scoop, scoop cookie dough and place the dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes, rotating pans half-way through baking.
- DO NOT over bake the cookies! The cookies will just start to look a little golden around the edges. Remove cookies from the oven and let them sit on the baking sheets for 4-5 minutes. Then remove them from the cookie sheets and place them on a cooling rack. Cool the cookies completely, and store them in an airtight container.
More Loaded Peanut Butter Treats:
This Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies recipe first appeared on FFF on May 28, 2011. I recently updated the pictures for ascetic purposes. Here’s the original photo below.