THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
These Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies are big, chewy, and full of peanut butter goodness. They’re loaded with Reese’s Pieces and Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups.
Cook’s Note – Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies:
- This peanut butter cookies recipe makes about 25 large cookies. To make cookie dough scooping a little easier, I used my favorite scoop. The dough comes out perfectly portioned and the cookies are uniform in size.
- If you’re going to make the full recipe, make sure you use a HUGE bowl! This recipe makes about 8 pounds of dough so it won’t fit in your typical large mixing bowl! It barely fits the mixing bowl of my stand mixer.
- This peanut butter cookies recipe can easily be cut in half.
- These Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies will keep, in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- To freeze cookie dough I recommend scooping dough onto a cookie sheet and freezing for 1 hour. Place cookie dough in a Ziploc bag until ready to bake. *Note: you’ll have to add a couple of minutes to the baking time when dough is frozen.
- Frozen dough will keep for about 6 months in the freezer.
Cook’s Tools & Ingredients – Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe:
ONE YEAR AGO: Poppy Seed Pasta Salad
TWO YEARS AGO: Goat Cheese Tomato Tart
THREE YEARS AGO: Pinto Beans
Loaded Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening, at room temp
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Reese's Pieces
- 3/4 cup mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Move oven racks to middle and lower middle positions, and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and then set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat together the the peanut butter, butter, shortening, honey, and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture and beat on low speed until fully incorporated. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the Reese's Pieces and mini peanut butter cups.
- Using a 4-tablespoon scoop, scoop cookie dough and place the dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes, rotating pans half-way through baking.
- DO NOT over bake the cookies! The cookies will just start to look a little golden around the edges. Remove cookies from the oven and let them sit on the baking sheets for 4-5 minutes. Then remove them from the cookie sheets and place them on a cooling rack. Cool the cookies completely, and store them in an airtight container.
More Loaded Peanut Butter Treats:
This Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies recipe first appeared on FFF on May 28, 2011. I recently updated the pictures for ascetic purposes. Here’s the original photo below.